New Thin Lizzy lineup and tour

• Moderators

The Boys are back in Town.......well two of em anyway

Scott Gorham has teamed back up with Brian Downey, John Sykes is gone and in are

Ricky Warwick - vocals

Marco Mendoza - bass

Vivian Campbell - guitar

Darren Wharton - keys

So two more Irishmen back in the band and Scott G has categorically said that the metal (Sykes) Lizzy is no more, it's back to its roots heavy rock rock sound.

Saw an interview in Classic Rock mag as well and Gorham has dropped the Strat and is back with a LP, and an Axcess at that, so all is good in the world

January 6

• Members

Too bad Phil Lynott didn't live long enough to participate in this reunion.

Phil Lynott didn't live long enough to participate in his high school reunion.... A great musician, entertainer and rocker.

• Moderators

Hmm. I looked him up on YouTube. I think he may sound ok singing Philo's stuff.

I wonder if they may have tried to prop up and dust off Robbo for this.

SG did. Sounds like he tried his damndest as well, and he was very neutral in his explanation that Robbo wasn't up for it on this occasion on the basis he has some solo stuff going on

• Members

SG did. Sounds like he tried his damndest as well, and he was very neutral in his explanation that Robbo wasn't up for it on this occasion on the basis he has some solo stuff going on

That sounds like a good, politically correct answer.

Is that interview with SG online anywhere?

It would have been cool to see Scotty and Robbo together again but it may also have been a big disappointment.

I'm kinda glad that Gary Moore is not involved but it would be kind cool to see him do a guest spot (Black Rose?)on one or two shows.

• Moderators

That sounds like a good, politically correct answer.

Is that interview with SG online anywhere?

It would have been cool to see Scotty and Robbo together again but it may also have been a big disappointment.

I'm kinda glad that Gary Moore is not involved but it would be kind cool to see him do a guest spot (Black Rose?)on one or two shows.

GMs name was mentioned, but he wasn't at all interested and I can't say I blame him, his time in that spot wasn't entirely happy

As far as Robbo goes, I can't say that it'd make life that easy, and if you saw his contribution in One Night In Dublin, he seems to find it hard to keep up, I reckon Viv Campbell is pretty cool in that spot and a Celt to boot

• Members

Thin Lizzy in name only. Pass.

Well they can't quite raise Phil from the dead can they?

Lizzy was a legendary band with great music. I'm glad that some of the remaining guys are still around to share the music.

• Members

If they come by here I'll probably go se them. I'm not sure what some people have against Sykes in TL - sure he was different, but damn he can play. I thin GM would have made for an interesting tour as well

• Members

There was more to Lizzy than Philip.

Unfortunately, so much of Lizzy WAS Philip that without him, any line-up -- even one composed otherwise entirely of surviving original members -- could never transcend 'classy tribute band.'

As a Lizzy fan/acquaintance from back in the day who still retains massive affection for their finest music, I will -- with no disrespect to Scott or Brian D -- give it a miss.

• Members

Surely one could keep at least an open mind?

Nahweh.

Ya never know what might sneak in.

Though i will say this: if you EVER want to see a Lizzy trib band, it should probably be this one.

• Moderators

A little love for Scott Gorham.

Killer solo at 1:50 (even while GM tries to upstage him).

The thing about SG was his ability to reproduce note for note the studio solos on stage, whereas with Robbo, you never had a {censored}ing clue what he was gonna play, or indeed if it would be at all listenable.

SG is a pretty monster player

And he is still cool as a polar bears toilet

2:20 still send major shivers down me back

[YOUTUBE]AhGE9-OBaP8[/YOUTUBE]

Archived