pick ups

rock n roll

• Members

see...I'd recommend a set of Alnico II's PAF.

but buying a 200 dollar guitar and putting 300 dollar lollar pickups in it is....i dunno. it just goes against my sensibilities.

Take the extra 300 you save and buy a better guitar? :idea:

but honestly...getting a more expensive guitar (in this case) is the better option imo.

and seriously. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-1950s-Tribute-Electric-Guitar?sku=430789

Check one of those out, they are fantastic. and for only 300 bucks more.

EDIT: didn't see your last post. Go with the 500 dollar guitar if thats your absolute price ceiling.

• Members

see...I'd recommend a set of Alnico II's PAF.

but buying a 200 dollar guitar and putting 300 dollar lollar pickups in it is....i dunno. it just goes against my sensibilities.

Don't listen to him! I have a $100 Strat knockoff with $200 pickups in it. It sounds phenomenal.

• Members

I bought a guitar fetish humbucker as a replacement for one that sort of fell apart and I'm extremely pleased with the sound. Overdriven in has a great rock sound that I think anyone in a blind test would like. Your mileage may vary but for the money I think it's worth a shot. guitarfetish.com is the site. Search on here and you'll find upteen reviews of every model they have, I'm quite certain.

• Members
i am thinking about getting the epiphone les paul standard plain top or plus top.

what do you guy think about these guitars?

thanks!

other than the name on the headstock, i don't see where the epi will be any better... you could get a Cort Z Custom that comes with duncans that will blow them both away for $630...

1226931252049-731810440.jpg

• Members

I'm going to go against the grain here and say get a set of SD P-Rails and mount them in Triple Shot rings.

This will give you single coil, P-90, humbucker series or humbucker parallel in neck or bridge or any combination of those.

The pickups plus the mounting rings will be under $250. If you go with the Xaviere guitar, that puts you at roughly $450. That's a hell of a lot of tone possibilities for not much cash.

Archived