Righty guitar strung as a Left = New nut and bridge?

Coverdale

• Members

You *might* need to replace the nut, but that all depends on whether or not he replaced the nut. Not a particularly difficult or expensive fix, either way.

I doubt he swapped the bridge assembly (though possibly the saddle), as such a thing would require pretty serious surgery. Again, it *might* need a new saddle, but this is, again, neither difficult nor expensive.

• Members

Thanks for your replies!

Since it's an electric-acoustic, and I think that that's where the piezopickups are located, wouldn't replacing the bridge saddle involve a lot of work?

Depends on the PU they used. Since this is a dedicated E/A, they had lots of options and could go with the one for best sound instead of the easiest to install.

Most times the PU is place under the saddle, the saddle just sits on top. The saddles for these can be replaced easily.

Others combine the element and saddle in one, these require replacing the entire unit with a new one.

• Members

Thanks Wyatt. I mailed Godin and I'm waiting for their reply on this.

The seller just mailed me. He did change the Nut, and he also installed a new jack plate on the other side of the guitar. I asked him for more info on this mod, to see if it was very invasive and if it's easily reversible.

• Members

Thanks Wyatt. I mailed Godin and I'm waiting for their reply on this.

The seller just mailed me. He did change the Nut, and he also installed a new jack plate on the other side of the guitar. I asked him for more info on this mod, to see if it was very invasive and if it's easily reversible.

I would guess a new jack plate would be rather invasive.

Archived