NGD : ESP M-II

Vinchester

• Members

Scored this from a wonderful 2nd hand deal. I'm pretty sure I actually got this 1-year-old guitar for only 40% of the model's street price :love:

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

ESP M-II (MIJ 2009)

The catch is this guitar is probably what you call a "B-stock", the thing has a small finish crack on the back of the neck so the guy bought it at a huge bargain already. Nevertheless that bothers me none. This things plays AWESOME :thu:

The previous owner hauled it all the way from Japan but rarely played it so it's in 99% condition. He replaced the stock Duncans with Dimarzio D-sonic and Air Norton, which is a big plus because I've always wanted to try Dimarzio pups.

Took me 3 hours to clean it up and properly set up the neck and action. The tone is surprisingly controllable even without the tone knob. Very percussive with good sustain. The Air Norton is not very bassy for a neck pup but that equals to a very pleasing lead sound.

• Members

Ah, that's what I recall from the M-II's I've tried. Thanks.

That guitar is gorgeous, btw. Been gassing for an M-II since I first saw Michael Romeo play.

fs_MichaelRomeo.jpg

Haha I'm also a big, BIG fan of Michael Romeo.

Notes literally jump off the fretboard on this one. It sounds so vibrant! The tone is also very balanced, no booming low or screeching highs. I'd love to post some clip but I don't have any kind of recording gear atm. :facepalm:

Archived