Favorite Piece of Gear You Never Use

Geoff Grace

• Members

Favorite gear is always used. Silly thread.

But there are so many scenarios in which it is a valid question! My case, for example, of having a specialty guitar that I love, but how many do you want to be bringing to shows? Or how about a guy with some lovely old rack gear who has decided he can't live without the recall of plugins...or even this: how about a piece (DX7?) that is kind of stuck in time, but for which the owner has deep love, not mere nostalgia?

Or the most pedestrian situation: someone just has WAY too {censored}ing much good gear. But I can't imagine who among us that describes...

• Members

A couple for me are:

My Sears Silvertone 1484 twin twelve amp. Had it for years, used to gig with it back in the early 90's. I use it from time to time to reamp tracks, but it's sat idle for many moons.

My Framus arch-top 12 string electric guitar. Same story, used to use it live, now it finds it way onto the very occasional track.

• Members

Or the most pedestrian situation: someone just has WAY too {censored}ing much good gear. But I can't imagine who among us that describes...

That's me... and it's not really a good thing. I need a bigger room for it all, but that's not happening in the near future. So yeah, I have some stuff that I don't use or use very little right now, but I will use again.

And some is vintage irreplaceable stuff... no way I could find another, especially in the pristine condition I

Archived