Bryan, thanks for introducing me to V-picks!

Electric Monk

• Members

I got a couple of v-picks a year or so ago. I like them, but don't love them. They feel fantastic, they're comfortable, and they don't slip - as advertised. But the click click click on the strings is a little annoying, and tone-wise they seem to add quite a bit on the high end. Oddly enough, I loaned them to a friend to try out the other day, and I gave them another whirl for the first time in ages and forgot how great they are to play. I might have to give them another chance. Definitely worth trying.

• Members

I got to looking at their site after seeing this thread. Are their picks really that good? Some of them are 20 and 30 bucks for one!

Seems like they would be slippery as hell if you sweat. Anyone tried the glowie ones? You think they would withstand lots of pickslides?

I'm curious, tell me about them!

• Members

They are worth it to me. I love the way they feel and the tones i get from them.

I have an original handmade pick from Vinni that is 4-5 years old. I thought I would have lost it by now but I have not.

If you can hold on to them they are so worth it in my opinion.

Picks are a personal thing so they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

• Members

They are worth it to me. I love the way they feel and the tones i get from them.

I have an original handmade pick from Vinni that is 4-5 years old. I thought I would have lost it by now but I have not.

If you can hold onto them
they are so worth it in my opinion.

Picks are a personal thing so they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Ok,if I can hold onto them? Are they normal acrylic and advertised as grippy because they are smooth, or is there some funky texture thing going on? Sorry to grill you out. Basically, I use gator grip 1.5s, you think they got one i'd like?

• Members

They look sweet, and I bet the pointy ones would dig in for truly molar-cracking pickslides, I just can't do smooth. Unless there is something about their acrylic that's somehow grippier than say a big stubby, its a no go. :( to give you an idea, ultex is faaaaaaar to slick for me. Tortex is good, gator is better, max grip is best except that nylon is too soft and yeilds {censored}ty pickslides.

A max grip big stubby is what I want. They don't make those do they?

Archived