So, what's a USED Korina Hamer USA Vector going for these days?

rog951

• Members

I'm thinking about picking one up sometime soon, but I haven't been paying attention to the market for the last couple years. What would a nice, USED USA-made Korina Vector go for these days? Let's say in practically new condition.

Thanks! :wave:

• Members

Less than half of that, used, I would imagine. If you're truly interested, I would suggest taking a jaunt over to the Hamer Fan Club Forums. They prefer that you hang out there a bit before you do any trading, but at least you'll get a feel for the market on them there.

• Members

Less than half of that, used, I would imagine. If you're truly interested, I would suggest taking a jaunt over to the Hamer Fan Club Forums. They prefer that you hang out there a bit before you do any trading, but at least you'll get a feel for the market on them there.

Thanks for the "heads up." I popped in over there and there's a ton of info. From a quick skim it looks like the Korinas are going for anywhere a few hundy north or south of $2k. Sounds expensive at first, but the Korina Gibson Vs are WAY more than that. Hmmm...looks like I'll be puttin' a few things up for sale to raise some $$$. :facepalm:

• Members

I figured as much, no used ones listed on the bay...still too rich for my budget though...
:freak:

Well, there was one up there afterall. But the auction seems to have ended early. Hmmm...I wonder why...could there be a NGD in my future? :eek:

• Members

Is this your first Hamer? HN(impending)GD!

Thanks! Actually, I have an '80s Steve Stevens which was my main gigging guitar for 10+ years, and I've had a couple imports (SATF) come and go over the years, but this one has got me very excited! :love:

• Members

Hah! So you snagged the one I posted in that thread a couple days ago
:cop:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2659971

That was going to be mine!
:cry:

Actually, glad for you.

I'd love to have that Hamer, but I'd have to move my Epi and come up with another 12 bills.

Congratulations, I'm jealous!

I'm sorry man! :cry: You can come play it anytime you want though! :thu:

That thread is what re-ignited my interest in a Vector. I've had this latent desire since I first played one probably 15 years ago, but I never thought I'd be able to (or want to anyway) afford it. When I think about something long enough, it usually gets the better of me like this! :facepalm:

• Members

I'm sorry man!
:cry:
You can come play it anytime you want though!
:thu:

That thread is what re-ignited my interest in a Vector. I've had this latent desire since I first played one probably 15 years ago, but I never thought I'd be able to (or
want
to anyway) afford it. When I think about something long enough, it usually gets the better of me like this!
:facepalm:

I'd luv to! :thu:

As I was saying in that original thread, I've heard nothing but good about Hamer guitars, but despite having a long love affair with electrics, I have zippo first hand experience with them. Years ago a guitar store owner planted in my head that Hamers were a more consistent high quality guitar than Gibson, but with a similar pricing they've also been a bit tougher to sell because of the name recognition with the general public. So I'm guessing that guitar will probably be the bees knees in a Korina V without taking the shellacking that it might take to get something on par from Gibson.

I know this guy is a big fan

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/11-legends-of-the-flying-v-and-explorer-214595/6

• Members

Thanks! Actually, I have an '80s Steve Stevens which was my main gigging guitar for 10+ years, and I've had a couple imports (SATF) come and go over the years, but this one has got me very excited!
:love:

The Steve Stevens were cool guitars! I had an '82 Prototype which was the predecessor to the SS. Well, you should be excited! Very sweet!

• Members

The Steve Stevens were cool guitars! I had an '82 Prototype which was the predecessor to the SS. Well, you should be excited! Very sweet!

Yeah man, I love my SS. I've come close to buying Prototypes and Phantoms over the years thinking the body style was very similar to my SS and that I'd probably be really comfortable on them. Back in the '90s all these models were selling used for next to nothing...seems like people are catching on now though!

Archived