Was gonna buy the Yui Hirasawa Les Paul but got this instead

fuzztone

• Members

100_9726.jpg

That's a beautiful guitar, but why does the Gibson logo look like a decal? I thought those were inlaid (correct me if I'm wrong). But damn that's a beautiful plain top. Looks like it has some light birdseye to it.

• Members

That's a beautiful guitar, but why does the Gibson logo look like a decal? I thought those were inlaid (correct me if I'm wrong). But damn that's a beautiful plain top. Looks like it has some light birdseye to it.

They are inlaid, but then laquer is sprayed over them. Over time, the laquer shrinks and you can see the outline of the inlay/filler.

Mine has the same thing, though I don't have any pics of it.

• Members

I have the same LP. Same year, same finish, same gold hardware.

LP1.jpg

LesPaul.jpg

Wow! Thanks for posting that.Your photos really show how beautiful these guitars is. Do you know what kind of pickups are in these? I just noticed that both our guitars have gold speed knobs. Standards usually come with different knobs don't they?

• Members

It's....I just don't get moe, is the problem. Slice of life anime is BORING unless there's some quirkiness involved. I can't enjoy the whole "cute girls doing cute things" if it's so uniformly boring.

This is why THIS has remained the best slice-of-life anime.

azumanga-daioh-the-animation.jpg

• Members

It's....I just don't get moe, is the problem. Slice of life anime is BORING unless there's some quirkiness involved. I can't enjoy the whole "cute girls doing cute things" if it's so uniformly boring.

This is why THIS has remained the best slice-of-life anime.

azumanga-daioh-the-animation.jpg

What was it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

sorry, but for me...clownburst + gold hardware = :eek:

More importantly though, if she sounds and plays well it's all good. That's way more important than looks in my book. I dunno...gold hardware has been growing on me just a bit recently. Also it will have more resale value than the other one, probably. Not 100% my glass of stout, but overall a nice guitar indeed.

• Members

I really wanted to get The Yui Hirasawa signature Les Paul
(Link)
because it matches my decor

2l93a0n.jpgyui-guitar-1.jpg

But then I went to my friends store today and this had just arrived. It's a 1998 Les Pauls Standard with gold hardware(factory)

and a 1-piece back. It is mint and has all the case candy too!

Sorry Yui...

100_9705.jpg

100_9714.jpg

100_9720.jpg

100_9728.jpg

100_9719.jpg

100_9726.jpg

100_9722.jpg

100_9713.jpg

Nice guitar!

Archived