You better vote!

Hard Truth

• Members

I really don't know why you'd want to convince people to vote. People who don't want to vote ought to be encouraged not to! Our society is clearly better off when people who don't appreciate their priveledge and civic duty accomplish nothing at the polls.

I'd even take it a step farther and require a simple test before people can vote. In national elections, I'd make people prove they can answer simple questions like:

1) What are the names of the 2 houses of Congress?

2) How many US Senators for each state?

3) Which branch of the government is responsible for judging the laws?

4) Which branch of the government is responsible for creating the laws?

5) What are the names of the current President and Vice President?

I'd make it simple and multiple choice so nobody would need to worry about spelling things correctly. Plus, sample tests with answers would be available for free to anyone who wanted them. Anyone unwilling or unable to answer wouldn't get to vote.

You know, I cannot argue with such impeccable logic. Ya got me there. :thu:

• Members

Those who don't vote, give up the one single voice you are given to really say anything. It is either an act of indolence or the act of people affected by the propaganda of those who would rather that you did not speak. If it were not so important, then corporations would not care if the Supreme Court gave them free speech rights so they can affect the votes of those who don't pay attention but the corporations do, they do indeed. Some of you guys, not so much, I take it you'd rather be silent.

Archived