I've Been Asked To Do Some Session Vocals

Mark L

• Moderators

I'll do me best

Don't. Just do what you do. You start trying to do your best and... you're trying. Just relax and know that if you don't do what's needed, it won't be used. It's really that simple. There is no pressure. Really. He wants you. So be you. If you botch it up and don't get paid, so? You'll have had a cool experience.

Relax and have fun. Let your fear be adrenaline instead. You're not saving the world. You're making music. So make music. Have fun. :thu:

• Members

You're not saving the world. You're making music. So make music. Have fun.
:thu:

I've long said similar things in situations where people are freaking out, losing their mind over big gigs or sessions. Some people go to work and perform open heart surgery. We're just singing and strumming guitars. Chill out. :D

• Members

Don't. Just do what you do. You start trying to do your best and... you're
trying.
Just relax and know that if you don't do what's needed, it won't be used. It's really that simple. There is
no
pressure. Really. He wants you. So be you. If you botch it up and don't get paid, so? You'll have had a cool experience.

Relax and have fun. Let your fear be adrenaline instead. You're not saving the world. You're making music. So make music. Have fun.
:thu:

Don't tell anyone, Lee, but your post actually brought a tear to my eye

Thanks for the advice :)

• Members

I've long said similar things in situations where people are freaking out, losing their mind over big gigs or sessions. Some people go to work and perform open heart surgery. We're just singing and strumming guitars. Chill out.
:D

You're right, of course

I've just spent the last 2 hours or so listening to the songs on my mp3 player, pressing 'pause' a lot, and writing down what I think he's singing

Gonna nip up to the loft in a minute for a singalong

Archived