had it with GC (sucker)

mnewb1

• Members

I went to place an order at guitar sucker and of course their latest and greatest "coupon" states it's not valid as I try to check out. I have had enough with these people. :mad:

I went over to Sweetwater and placed the order. a little more expensive, but at least I've heard good feedback from people here who have ordered from them over the years.

so long guitar sucker and hello sweetwater

• Members
I went to place an order at guitar sucker and of course their latest and greatest "coupon" states it's not valid as I try to check out. I have had enough with these people.
:mad:

I went over to Sweetwater and placed the order. a little more expensive, but at least I've heard good feedback from people here who have ordered from them over the years.

so long guitar sucker and hello sweetwater

That is how GC works. They send you these cooling looking/sounding coupons, but they have a tiny fine print excluding pretty much all the major brands that many want. They like sucker you in. GC is going down.:mad:

• Members

I used the latest coupon, the $75 off purchases $349 or more on an excluded item just yesterday in store.

Actually, if you're talking about their current sale, you have to spend $424 to get the $75 off if you read the fine print.

Get $20 in 'free gear' if you spend $99 or more means you get $20 off if you spend $119 or more.

Get $75 in 'free gear' if you spend $349 or more means you get $75 off if you spend $424 or more.

Get $250 in 'free gear' if you spend $999 or more means you get $250 off if you spend $1249 or more.

So basically the same 15-20% as usual, and with the usual list of excluded brands that most people would want.

Archived