Potential good deal??? Gibson SG

poderoso

• Members

I was at my local guitar center today and saw a used Faded Gibson SG for $399??? I talked to the guy over there and he said the guitar was originally a standard but the person who owned it modded it: sanded the finish off and coated it with something? then installed sperzel locking tuners. the guy also said that the pickups are PROBABLY gibson burstbuckers.

i think pretty much everything else is standard from the sg? but there are two things that i loved about it.

1. its old and worn out. dont expect a nice looking faded SG. this is a guitar that has been used. theres dings on the body and the hardware is starting to rust. this may be a negative for you guys but the way it looked is that its on the way to become one of those road worn telecasters. so i thought it looked cool.

2. it does not feel, play and sound like a $400 guitar! i own an epiphone sg custom with seymour duncan pickups and this guitar plays way better than my epi!

what do you guys think??

• Members

i say do it, NAO! if it looks good, feels good, and sounds good to you, and for that price, go for it! nice find!

wow i wasnt thinking it was that good of a find! haha i'll go check it out again tomorrow and i might get it. haha

Archived