Sticky Jam # 135 - Is this thing on?

Frets99

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amplitube 3 was a big improvement vs. 2, although 2 was pretty good. Anyway, I generally plugin to this setup 99% of the time. I'm happy with Sonar. I chose it only because I had used Cakewalk back in the 90's and liked the midi editing features. Other programs are just different, not better or worse. Finally, once I got this Focusrite Saffire Pro DSP 24, I've been pretty happy with the overall quality and lack of noticeable latency.

• Members

I'm digging all the clips so far guys great job even though at least half of you are saying it's not my style :poke:

I gave it a shot the other night but as I suspected it's out of my league...I can't even figure out the key cause it moves to fast for me :facepalm: I'll probably keep it around as an measuring stick for later (hopefully) improvements.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Marc does with this :wave:

• Members

I'm digging all the clips so far guys great job even though at least half of you are saying it's not my style :poke:

I gave it a shot the other night but as I suspected it's out of my league...I can't even figure out the key cause it moves to fast for me
:facepalm:
I'll probably keep it around as an measuring stick for later (hopefully) improvements.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Marc does with this
:wave:

Pretty sure it's just an E, at least for a lot of it.

• Members

OK, again not really my genre, so what we have here is purely wankage on top of this track.

I like the tone and the track is growing on me but Wankage none the less!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9810436

:)

Another rockin' take! Great wailing tone and speed riffage! I liked the melodic interludes followed by the blazing! Very nicely done! :thu:

M

• Members

Nice!!

Did you slow it down a little bit, or just changed the pitch??

I tried something kinda strange... I slowed the track down by half... then recorded a part on guitar. Then I changed the guitar part's pitch by an octave, and speeded the track back up... it didn't come back perfectly, but the guitar stayed matched with the track pretty well.

M

• Members

Sorry, this is my contribution from the previous (I think) sticky jam - the one with Frets' cool "shine on" type chord thing. Just takes me too long to put something together, record and upload, so I'm always late.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=976734&songID=9820384

Thanks for listening
:)

For some reason the link didn't work for me. :confused:

Archived