Dillon Guitars

maibock1023

• Members

Its an ass covering move. He was told to remove it but hasn't. I could say a lot more but I guess I shouldn't...
:evil:

I will say this much though, maybe I should put a notice on my site saying that here in Canada we do not support or carry the Indonesian and Vietamese made guitars sold by the Dillion distributor in the US, nor do we recognise the fictional character calling himself Mr. Dillion as having anything to do with Dillion guitars here in Canada. Dillion guitars originated in Canada and are still owned by the Canadian distributor and the best ones are still found here in Canada. His site shows mostly old stock and stuff he can't even get anymore...
:freak:

To address any other rumors, Samick has absolutly nothing to do with the production of Dillion guitars, Tokai does not own Dillion guitars.

Thanks JSD, I was curious myself.When I purchase that Dillion I will definately be giving you that call. Thanks again!

P.S. I still want one of those Roxbury models!

• Members

So whats being said here? There are Knock-off Dllion guitars? But they are built in Korea? There is definatly a John Dillion. I spoke with him many times. Always the same guy same accent. Why would someone pose as John Dillion yet be VERY versed in guitar building and build me a excellent Thinline? I don 't know what happened in Canada. But the Korean and Vietnam built Dillion are from John Dillion. And no he's not there building the guitars. He oversee's them to some degree. At least that is how it was a few years back. I'm not positive whats up with him now. Its been a couple years since we spoke. He was on the verge of opening the Vietnam plant when we met. He had many guys through the states selling his product for him. If you wanted whatever he would know exactly where a good model of one was. I was interesred in the 56-LP also but all the ones I seen were 10LBs or worse. There's a MINT one on E-Bay now thats 10lb's. And for a Korean built LP, I though his price's were a little steep. But the 56-LP of his has been recieving incredable reviews. His Lp's are also 25 scale like PRS, not 24-3/4. Which is part of the reason they claim they sound so well?

• Members

So whats being said here? There are Knock-off Dllion guitars? But they are built in Korea? There is definatly a John Dillion.

No thats not whats being said here but people are assuming that based on what the US distributor has on his site and thats not right. Do a Whois lookup on the US distributor's Dillion site and you'll see what his real last name is. I could go on but I won't, what I said before pretty much sums it up.

• Members

A common mistake. The Dillon brand are acoustic guitars and basses made in Taos, NM.

There's DILLON and DILLION. DILLON makes US high quality, high price custom pieces. DILLION is a imported guitar in the same league as SX, First Act, Samick, etc.

EDIT: I didn't read the thread very thoroughly....sorry for redundant info

• Members

Both. We have Dillions made in both Korea and China now. All the new, lower priced Dillions, LPs, SGs etc.. are Chinese made. These are a first time run of Chinese made Dillions made under the supervision of our regular Korean factory. The build quality isn't bad at all using good woods, electronics wise some may find them lacking but at these prices they are great for modding.

The Jrs are only available in TV yellow at this time and weigh in around 7 pounds and are made from very well kiln dried African mahogany. The old stock ones still floating around the US should be Korean made but I don't think they've been in production for a few years.

• Members

There's DILLON and DILLION. DILLON makes US high quality, high price custom pieces. DILLION is a imported guitar in the same league as SX, First Act, Samick, etc.

EDIT: I didn't read the thread very thoroughly....sorry for redundant info

I own a Dillion and a Samick and for a little while I owned an SX. IMHO Dillion is a step above the Samick and lightyears ahead of the SX.

• Members

I used to have this DLP-675 and it was a great guitar but I couldn't get used to a single cutaway body ofter so many years of super strats and my SG so I traded it for a Charvel 475. My uncle has a gibby lp standard and he was amazed at the quality/price.

PICT0402.jpg
PICT0401.jpg
PICT0398.jpg

I have this exact same guitar - bought it about 4 years ago from a deal in St. Catherines Ontario - still my number one guitar. Simply awesome. Love it.

Keep coming back to it. I also have a Korean Tokai Love Rock - and the similarity between the two is striking - no doubt in my mind these are coming out of the same shop.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Another of Dillon's early roles was in the Jean Shepherd special The Great American Fourth of July. The only available copies of this film are stored at where a legal dispute makes it unavailable to the public.

At least you aren't randomly posting this without reading the thread. :facepalm:

• Members

I had two Dillions one a LPGT and the other a hollowbody PRS copy. both well made but needed pickup changes.Neither had any personality and were bland.both sold well though.

I also had a Tokai LP copy that sold for almost 500.00. it was also bland. even the tursers were better.

I now play a 1980's Cortley LP custom copy, made in Japan with a bolt on neck and it blows away any of the offshore stuff I have ever used.

Archived