I have a FERNANDES super strat for Identification

br3akd0wn4

• Members

hi im new here and i am hoping that my fernandes super strat will be more identified.. it has a licensed floyd takeuchi frt-5pro-trs bridge, bolt on neck, 24 frets, gotoh type tuners, and a SSH pickup setup, actually the 2 single pickups was changed to 2 single hot rails(not seymour/dmarzio).. see the pics below.. i think this is an AFR series but also i doubt a little, i dont know the model number..

i have also the link that has the same guitar as mine http://en.item.rakuten.com/otakara-100/oke-270/

1000777h.jpg

1000784b.jpg

1000779.jpg

1000725z.jpg

1000727a.jpg

1000735.jpg

1000722fn.jpg

sorry i have a bad camera

i hope it will be well identified

on the bridge it is colored zebra its just a sticker i already removed it.

any help with this will be appreciated thanks

• Members

@soundcreation

yeah thanks i have found the model of my guitar on the catalogs u gave..

im wrong ^^ but i dont know if its a FR - 65S or a FR -55S of 1994 -1997..

saw the specs the same on the two models

@Prages

Maybe it is also the earlier models of revolver.. but it doesnt have a sustainer.. i think its just active pickups on mine..

do you know/any idea how much this guitar cost now?

• Members

might have had a sustainer at one time, the FR-55S in my early 2001 catalog shows them with that...can`t tell from the pics if yours has the mini toggle switch or not...too dark and not very clear. Certainly has the same headstock shape...but not much difference between a 65 and a 55...laminated figured top or something... gold hardware instead of silver, minor differences I`m sure but I`d wager both were basswood bodies...the 55 is listed as such.

• Members

@zenbu

it really doesn't have mini toggle switches so i think its a model before 2000s

i did see on the catalog its from 1994 to 1997.. the only thing is the FR -65S has silver and gold hardwares.. and i saw black exactly like mine/same bridge on a FR - 55S but the pickups of that model are fernandes copies of EMG i think..

• Members

well catalogs do not always have every model a Japanese makers built...and that goes for may companies... I own 3 Fernandes guitars ... 4 if you count the P-Project...and of the three, I saw only one in a catalog from the `80s on line...one of the others, a strat, says order made in the neck pocket and the last one is like no other Fernandes I`ve even seen...it`s a Les Paul type but very unique...may be order made, not sure...I only know they are all top notch guitars.

Archived