A New Instrumental Featuring a 1989 Melody Maker

Norcal_GIT_r

• Members

sounds good man. you got a stocker in there or one of your mm pickups?

edit: now that im finished listening to it, im a little less interested in the guitar tone. however, i really really enjoyed your playing. the tone works for your style, so id keep the guitar like that...still curious what pickup that is in there though:thu: rock on man

• Members

Thanks Kyle!!

So Mossy you trying to say my sounds suck, my beats suck or my playing sucks or all of the above?

The song uses soft synths for bass and drums. So obviously it's programmed and digital. I wasn't actually trying to make it sound like a real band. Just a real tune.

Thanks for the listen though..I appreciate it.

• Members

Hey thanks Kyle..I'm glad you enjoyed the other tunes.

I'm not getting down on Mossy for what he said..I just wanted to know more about what sounded fake. My playing is my playing..It may not be good but it isn't fake. I've been making my backings a bit more on the "electronica"" side because I like all these soft syths that I have and also Reason. Which is all digi or manipulated samples.

But it's all cool if some one or everyone..(-8 doesn't like my playing or music..Heck my wife doesn't like my playing or my music. It's all cool.

Thanks again to everyone for listening.

• Members

I suspect he thought that the beats were too digital sounding...which they are (very digital sounding).

I'm not a big syth guy but it worked actually. The guitar playing was stellar very Satch like IMO.

I dream to play that bad
:wave:

Cool thanks Dave I appreciate the comments. I'm leaning towards electronic beats and soft synths. There's so much I can do with them and they sound pretty darn cool to me.

This song is charting today. Here's the standings.

Side Draft

# 38 in Rock (highest position was 38). Total songs: 216,991

# 4 in Guitar Rock (highest position was 4). Total songs: 21,485

Thanks for all the listens.:thu:

• Members

Thanks Kyle!!

So Mossy you trying to say my sounds suck, my beats suck or my playing sucks or all of the above?

The song uses soft synths for bass and drums. So obviously it's programmed and digital. I wasn't actually trying to make it sound like a real band. Just a real tune.

Thanks for the listen though..I appreciate it.

i meant the guitar tone - your playing is fine. of course tone is totally subjective

• 2 weeks later...

Archived