Design an orange guitar

brandass

• Members

The "Post your orange guitar" thread reawakened some long-suppressed GAS (thanks guys :mad:).

Might mod a Xavier XV-870 in Capri Orange. Here it is stock:

XavierXV-870CapriOrangeMapleBoard.jpg

Here are some Kisekae designs. No, the colors aren't exactly right, but you get the idea. What do you think?

mapleboardblackguardwhitepups.jpg

mapleboardblackguardblackpups.jpg

rosewoodboardwhiteguardwhitepups.jpg

rosewoodboardblackguardwhitepups.jpg

rosewoodboardblackguardblackpups.jpg

Tempted to mod a Xavier XV-JT40 offset instead. Stock:

XavierXV-JT40CapriOrangeRosewoodBoard.jp

Don't really need more P90s though, and not sure about the trem system. Guard would definitely go - not a fan of mint.

In either case I'd expect to swap the pups and electronics at minimum, and probably the neck as well. Perhaps some series/parallel/phase switches too for good measure.

Might go with a non-GFS body, but it'd have to be orange (no way I'm painting a blank, that's a recipe for suck) and it'd have to be cheap (rather spend the coin on a better neck).

Advice?

• Members

Hey FS, thanks for the tip. A year ago I would've jumped at that for sure, but these days I'm topped out on HBs, if anything I might need to thin the HB herd.

Good to hear that your JT60 scratched your itch, I've had good luck with parts from GFS but haven't bought an assembled guitar from them yet.

The P90s are coming back into play because I'm so damned fond of them, or another thing I'm considering is swapping in "regular" singles for the P90s (need to replace the PG anyway) a la Mustang et al.

In any case, in terms of look I'm leaning toward that first Kisekae design myself...

Thanks for the advice!

Archived