Tascam Portastudio for iPad

scolfax

• Members

this is actually what I think the Pad should be.
A platform for simulation of other things.
Its a paradigm of scifi that one day we will all have a device that will allow us to simulate whatever we need for work or play.
Never mind does it have a camera for me to post my breakfast on failbook or does it have a game I can play in the john.
The sensible future for such devices is apps like this
Sadly I doubt if Apple sees that as a mainstream application as the lure of web-babble is much more enticing.

• Members

The iPad has many great music apps. I just grabbed MusicStudio yesterday along with the full instrumen t pack for $30. It's pretty much GarageBand for the iPad with the exception of being able to record real instruments. Although I bet that will be in an update.

And Apple definitely supports/promotes these apps. There are usually several music apps featured on the front page of the app store.

Overall the iPad has been a great purchase for me.

• Members

this is actually what I think the Pad should be.

A platform for simulation of other things.

Its a paradigm of scifi that one day we will all have a device that will allow us to simulate whatever we need for work or play...

I totally agree with this sentiment, but I would not have been able to express it as clearly. After reading some of the comments on that web page last night I just thought "these cats just don't get it", since virtually all of the comments wanted the program to be more "app-like"; with bells and whistles, and moving as far away from the analog paradigm as possible.

I think the TASCAM folks do "get it" and hope other developers head down this path, as well ...

Archived