Supro Amp

INTROTTER

• Members

I have an old supro amp... it looks like the one pictured except someone has pained the mesh black,, it turns on but the tubes get hot.. is it still worth anythhing?? I know in great shape they go very high,, it is in rough shape but solid it is a large amp.[ATTACH=CONFIG]328905[/ATTACH] It is just stitting here doing nothing any one interested?

• Members

Depends on what you want and how you approach it. If you are handy with electronics and want some vintage amp tone, it'd be worth putting in the time to get it back up and running. If you're only interested in resale and need to outsource the repair work it's probably not worth the time/money.

• Members

Played through one last night at a backline-supplied gig -- sounded highly decent (in a kind of Voxoid way) even though the reverb had stopped working. Dunno the model but I presume it was one of the modern ones -- it was covered in white fake fur ...

• Members

Played through one last night at a backline-supplied gig -- sounded highly decent (in a kind of Voxoid way) even though the reverb had stopped working. Dunno the model but I presume it was one of the modern ones -- it was covered in white fake fur ...

The "modern" Supro's are made by Bruce Zinky and IIRC are only available in brown and black tolex. We [Pigtronix] were part of his booth last NAMM [and this as well] when he rolled them out. No fake fur that I saw. Maybe an old one that someone recovered?

• Members

when he rolled them out. No fake fur that I saw. Maybe an old one that someone recovered?

Interesting ... it was a small, single -speaker combo with a SUPRO badge on the front and white chickenhead knobs on a top-mounted control panel ... because the stage was darkened I couldn't read what it said below each knob, but it looked to be volume, 3-band EQ and reverb ... as I said, sounded pretty good.

Archived