Floyd Style Bridge advice per chance?

FoonkySteve

• Members

Just before i pull the trigger on this trem, i just need a quick once over from the clued up forumites.

What is the deal with this GFS trem:

trem.jpg

http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-Heavy-Duty-Dual-Locking-Floyd-Rose-Trem-BRASSSTEEL_p_518.html

So just in front of where the bar slots in, is a groove for one of the poles yeah? Should there not be a groove like this at the other side too for the other pole??

It just doesn't look like it will be stable to me. Im sure im totally wrong and it's obviously right as they are manufacturing and selling them. But i just want to be sure.

It's going on this guitar:

JT60_VSB_a.jpg

Thanks! Y'all Rock!

• Members

This is not a drop in mod for a typical Fender bridge. You're going to have to mod the pickguard or drill through it to install the studs and you may have some cavity issues. You also need locking tuners or locking nut for the tuners on the bridge to have any use at all.

• Members
This is not a drop in mod for a typical Fender bridge. You're going to have to mod the pickguard or drill through it to install the studs and you may have some cavity issues. You also need locking tuners or locking nut for the tuners on the bridge to have any use at all.

Yeah, i have the mighty mite MM2092FCR neck on order, the nut is cut for a floyd locking nut. When the parts arrive, i will be taking them to the local luthier/tech, to route it out so i can have it floating. This is my 1st mod project, so i don't feel comfortable taking an axe to my axe just yet ;)

Archived