SAM ASH Charges Before Shipping & After Order Cancelation

GAS Man

• Members

Just thought I'd share this since I find it to be ANNOYING.

I placed an order for a couple Ampeg AMG100s from Sam Ash on 12/30 7:48 PM. I posted some comments about the deal on HCEG Great Deals, got some negative feedback about that guitar and turned right around 4 hours later and canceled my order, same night, but at 12:33AM it was now 12/31.

Well, with it being after hours and New Years and all, there was no way they were going to ship that guitar until January 3rd, but even though I canceled first thing in the wee hour morning on 12/31, they charged my card $650 on 1/1/11.

They did indeed send me an e-mail saying they were going to credit me back, but today is now the 6th and no credit back yet, so I have contested the charge with my card company.

But I don't think this is a cool way to do business. None of the other companies I've dealt with actually charge before shipping. They may post a pending reserve, but not an actual charge.

Just something to think about when you're looking at vendors. I'm sure I'll get it resolved with them, but what a pain. :rolleyes:

• Members

I can't imagine a company would ship a product without hitting your card for it first. Seems foolish and risky on their part.

They usually hit your credit card and then ship. My only point was, I ordered this guitar late on a Thursday night before a holiday, and canceled it 4 hours later. Even though they weren't going to ship until the following Monday, they charged the card the day after I canceled the order.

Issue is resolved now, I have the credit now.

This was not a major trashing of Sam Ash thread, I was just posting it because their policy differs from Musicians Friend and AMS who merely place a reserve which ensures funds are available on your account prior to shipping but that does not start the interest charges ticking. And like so many companies, Sam Ash was super quick to charge, but crediting back takes a much slower track. :idk:

Archived