$60 Bucks burning a hole in my PayPal

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Darn you notjonah!

I just ordered my first Couch strat.
:lol:

That aqua? Nice. I like the blue 80's Mercedes one a lot... but I actually need a new wallet. Mine's turquoise, nylon, 14 years old, and from wal mart. Got it after 4th grade. There's thread hanging off of it and you can see the money inside when closed. Trifold, ont panel is very close to just breaking loose, and the velcro hasn't made the noise in about 6 years.... but I really like that Mercedes strap.

Then I could buy the stuff to fix my Epi, get a little more for it in trade that way... who knows.

• Members

Haha, awesome. I've been down that road though man.

What they don't tell you is how nasty it gets. Heated and under 170 lbs of pressure (both from my ass) the glue seeps out the seems. Not the best idea unless you keep yours in the your front pocket. Also, don't leave it in a car in the summer... ew.

• Members

Hey man... what do you need to fix the Epi?

New bridge tone pot, maybe a cap, also decent soldering iron or at least a tip for the one I have, decent solder. See, it works usually, but sometimes I hafta tap on on the bridge tone pot to get the bridge pickup to work. I think the pot's messed up somehow :idk:

It's kind of a bird's nest inside.

I wanna put the stockers back in, and clean up the electronics, so it's in more appealing trade shape.

The Gibson needs some tlc in the body cavity as well.

• Members

Yeah... Ace Hardware. Bbut they've moved some stuff around and it doesn't seem very impressive anymore. I think they had a bunch of older stock and got rid of it. They had like 40 kinds of solder. I usually use some stuff with 1% silver from Radio Shack for smaller repair type jobs, but I bought some stuff from Ace that melts at about 370 and it is CRAZY good for globbing onto pots.

But yeah... I'd just head to Radio Shack, man. I have a Weller I use almost all the time, but I have one from Radio Shack I bought maybe 12 years ago that still does fine. I used it last couple times as my Weller is out in the garage and I wasn't 100% sure where it was and it was just too damn cold to go find it.

• Members

Yeah... Ace Hardware. Bbut they've moved some stuff around and it doesn't seem very impressive anymore. I think they had a bunch of older stock and got rid of it. They had like 40 kinds of solder. I usually use some stuff with 1% silver from Radio Shack for smaller repair type jobs, but I bought some stuff from Ace that melts at about 370 and it is CRAZY good for globbing onto pots.

But yeah... I'd just head to Radio Shack, man. I have a Weller I use almost all the time, but I have one from Radio Shack I bought maybe 12 years ago that still does fine. I used it last couple times as my Weller is out in the garage and I wasn't 100% sure where it was and it was just too damn cold to go find it.

I think I shall. You don't think they'd have good pots do ya?

Archived