NGD - Xaviere Content

acefreely

• Members

Very nice. Just out of curiosity, why the roller saddles if you're blocking the trem?

I've never used them before, but I am hoping it will reduce string breakage that occurs with frequent heavy bending...

I have used the graphtech string saver saddles before and those work great, virtually eliminating any string breakage for me, but they are $40 a set. I think I paid $13 or so for those roller saddles from GFS. So far so good, I've had the same set of strings on for maybe 5-7 days now and I've been playing it everyday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thats hella cool. How did the roller saddles effect the tone?

I didn't notice a difference really. The roller saddles came later so I actually played it with the original saddles for about a week. When the roller saddles came, I installed them and blocked the trem. It does have a bit more sustain, but I think that's because of the trem block.

• Members

I am going to give the roller saddles a go on my SX which is pretty much the same color as your Xaviere. I am going to leave my trem floating so I'll let you know if the sustain dif is in the saddles.

HNGD! Aint it grand how little you need to spend to get a good playing and sounding strat style guitar?

Here is mine for color comparison

Sxtrat002.jpg

• Members

Yeah these Xaviere's are totally hit or miss. I have Jt-90 and I had to do quite a bit of work on the neck and fretwork to get this thing useable. I had to level and recrown the frets or live with massive fret buzz. I also had to pop some frets out in the upper register of the neck and sand some of the rosewood fretboard down. The nut was also not cut properly and made the strings rattle in the nut slots on the 1st two strings.

I put quite a few hours of work into this guitar and it is a sweet guitar now but had I not known how to do this, I would have had to return the guitar to GFS or be stuck with a lemon. I do enjoy working on guitars so I did not mind it. I'm looking to get an XV-900 next so maybe I'll have better luck with that one. The price is still right.

Archived