Black limba 7 string guitar (take that B.C. Rich!)

XylemBassGuitar

• Members

I'm more into the classic shapes... But that is a sweet looking guit! I wouldn't be ashamed to play one.

Very nice work.
:thu:

Thanks! That's a pretty big compliment, this thing is about as far away from a classical guitar shape as you can get :thu:

I like more utilitarian shapes myself but I've got to admit that this guitar's shape grew on me the more I worked with it. I'll have a tough time sending this one off to its owner when it's finished!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here are some pics of the finished guitar! (before the final setup, that's why the saddles are all even)

gunn-guitar-front-strung.jpg

gunn-guitar-back-strung.jpg

gunn-guitar-headstock-angle.jpg

gunn-guitar-scroll-fretboard.jpg

gunn-guitar-back-neck.jpg

Those are Seymour Duncan Blackouts with an NKK killswitch, three way selector and a volume pot with a push/pull for coil tapping the bridge pickup.

I'll get some professional pics of the thing up here pretty soon. Thanks for your guys' interest and compliments!

• Members

Very impressive!!
The blackouts were a nice touch. It looks like the guitar from my dreams
:cry:

Thanks zantor...those Blackouts sound really good too. I'll try to get some sound samples going here in the next couple of weeks for you guys.

I have to send this one to Texas, but I can always make more...I've got more black limba too :poke: ;)

• Members

You just did one very nice job on that guitar.
It must give you a lot of satisfaction to have completed such a nice custom project like this one.

Thanks Steadfastly, it is definitely satisfying...sometimes at the end of a 12 hour day I'll see the current instrument-in-progress hanging on the wall, walk over to admire my work, and realize that I've spent another 45 minutes just looking the details of the guitar over.

It would be much harder to let these instruments go to their owners if I didn't know that I had more instruments to make afterwords.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Hey Guys,

Hope y'all had a great holiday season! Thanks again for all your input and compliments.

I was finally able to get some sound samples of this guitar. Let me know what ya think (especially if anyone has trouble playing them)!

http://www.xylembassguitar.com/cephisso-guitar-sound-samples.html

You can play the samples directly off of the site above.

Cheers!

Archived