Rickenbacker 360 Neck Pickup Problem

kylef

• Members

I have a problem with my 360's neck pickup, its just stopped working. Not had the guitar long, and it hasnt been knocked or abused, so seems very strange.

Ive had a look at the guts inside. Now im no professional, but i have wired a few guitars and i know the basics, yet cant find anything wrong? All soldering seems solid, and theres nothing loose. Selector switch looks to be clicking in where it should to.

Has anyone had any experience with this? There is alot of wiring in there, and wondering if the rick-o-sound and sorts could be to do with it? I just hope its not the pickup itself...how would i check if it is?

Treble pickup is spot on, and still works when the selector is in the middle...but neck never comes on.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I'd use a couple wires with alligator clips to run the pickup directly to an output jack to start isolating where the problem lies. Chances of a duff pup are slim, but not out of the question. More likely problem areas are:

- bad solder joint

- bad selector switch [could just need cleaning]

- bad output jack. I believe Ric-O-Sound is stereo with each pup going to a different channel so disassembling this wiring might require a schematic.

Take everything one step at a time and don't panic. Guitar wiring isn't rocket-science so a bit of patience and you should be able to sort it out.

Best - V

Archived