Guitar Purchase Suggestions?

stratrulz

• Members

I'm gass'n for another strat but I saw a Fender Japan tele that sparked an interest. I'm basically a strat guy but I'm curious what an argument would be for getting the tele? Just to note, I have a Japanese Fender 54 strat and wanted to get a 62, to cover the strat bases...wish I could just get them both :cry:

• Members

I've been thinking about a Tele myself. I have an American Strat, a Les Paul, and an ES-335.

My argument for the Tele is I would then have the big 4 guitar designs covered.

Tele's only really do one thing, but it's something no other guitar does.

They are not very versatile on their own, but when paired with other guitars, they expand your versatility.

The question now is whether or not you want that thing they do in your repertoire.

It's just like having a bunch of different amp models to choose from...

OK, I had to slip that in there. :)

• Members

I have owned many Teles and find them more versatile than most other guitars for most types of music, heavier music excluded, unless the Tele has humbuckers.

Why? The pickups lend themselves very well to most music types. The standard Tele setup is actually extremely versatile and quite adaptable to doing everything from jazz, country to rock and other newer types of music. The reason is that it is easier to get thinner sounding pickups to fatten up, as opposed to trying to thin out a humbucking, or P-90 type pickup.

Most amps can respond well to Teles, as do pedals. Teles record extremely well, also.

If you add a middle single coil pickup, you have a guitar that out-strats a strat type guitar. It all depends on the users' ability with the guitar, not just the guitar by itself.

Archived