G&L 30th Anniversary Strat

coldshot2000

• Members

Hmmmm.... I only played my bandmate's G&L once. I didn't like it as much as an '06 Fender Deluxe Strat (the most recent I've played). However, that could just be my taste. I really liked those Deluxes - S1 switching is cool, and I liked the neck. There was nothing really negative about the G&L, though. In fact, the bridge on the G&L is probably better, if you're going to use the vibrato.

• Members

I've had American and Mexican Fender Strats, one Squier Bullet and none of them touch my G&L Legacy.

GL-Legacy_4-1.jpg

The American was a Fender American Special Mahogany Stratocaster HSS, virtually a Deluxe:

-Locking Tuners

-LSR Nut

-Rolled Fretboard

-MOP Inlays

-S1 Switch

-2pt. Trem

• Members

I own both Fender and G&L Strats..My G&L's are both USA made..If you are looking for a more modern tone i would suggest the G&L if you lean more towards vintage i would suggest Fender ..

I will say this regardless one thing you can count on is that G&L will be a excellent made guitar with some very nice features..I have owned 4 now and i have never had a complaint about a G&L product where i have had complaints with Fender..

I feel the quality control of G&L is superior to that of Fender..As far as tone goes that is all subject to personnel taste..

• Members

I was actually considering a PRS Swamp Ash Special or DC3, but in the end, for that strat sound I ended up buying this guy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=160434479658&si=wjH9Ypn3EcawYI46qCJohJx2SoU%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

She gets here Monday, I'm beyond stoked. Sold both my Epi LP's to get it. Should compliment my Charcoal burst PRS Tremonti quite nicely I think.

After all the research I've done, it's pretty clear the G&L was definitely the way to go.

• Members

I was actually considering a PRS Swamp Ash Special or DC3, but in the end, for that strat sound I ended up buying this guy:

She gets here Monday, I'm beyond stoked. Sold both my Epi LP's to get it. Should compliment my Charcoal burst PRS Tremonti quite nicely I think.

After all the research I've done, it's pretty clear the G&L was definitely the way to go.

Gorgeous!

Archived