epiphone guitar advice please

darksun

• Members

hi guys im thinking about buying an epiphone dot studio, i like blues and think this might be a good guitar for this, im a beginner and i currently play a fender tele '83 standard, any advice about the epi would be helpful, also how much should i expect to pay for it new? thanks

• Members

i have a dot plays really nice.....recently had to replace the neck pickup it died somehow but the pickups are cheap anyways i replaced the bridge pickup right when i got it....try a bunch out pick one you like i havent had any problems with mine really

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I posted a thread about a bowen handle on a dot you can read it but the biggest advice is take it to a guitar tech you can "TRUST" and get a good setup usually about 30 to 40 bucks it is money well spent and will turn a so so guitar into one you wont want to put down

• Members

I picked up this Dot Studio at GC's President's Day sale for $239 + tax

DSCF0422.jpg

This is one of the great guitar bargains out there right now. After a bit of setup, it plays very, very well. The pickups aren't the best, but I don't expect that at this price point. But, IMHO, the electronics are much better than a Ibanez Artcore (I own a AM73B). The stock alnico buckers do sound good as is. But they can be improved upon and I'm not ruling a pickup swap out at some point in the future. It's more of a rock guitar than a jazz guitar. But you can get really nice jazzy tones out of it. It plays as well or better than my Gibson Melody Maker. But not as well as my Les Paul 50's Tribute. The neck is more of a 60's taper. I've already played a gig with it. They are going for $269 shipped on MF right now. With tax, I paid $263. I really can't recommend it highly enough. It's a great guitar at any price point. Get one while you can.

EDIT: Holy necropost Batman!!! I just realized that this is a 6 year old thread! It doesn't matter. It's a great guitar.

Archived