Pulled the trigger on a new LP build

milosch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know what to do with the headstock yet, but I definitely will not be putting the G company logo on it. Ideas? I was thinking Greenie in place of Gibson if I can find the type style.

Why not Milosch in a nice script style? It would be a unique one-on-a-kind. You could always tell people when they asked who Milosch guitars are, that they are a builder of custom guitars!:)

• Members

bodymockup2.jpg

The flame on that top is pretty fantastic. Especially in light of the fact that you didn't use a dark stain underneath to pop it. I'm always confused by the "grading" of flame maple by guitar builders. AAA? AA? A? What is that? I'm looking at this top and thinking "why would you want any more flame than that? It would start hypnotizing people. Paul Reed Smith is one I can't figure out. He charges huge bucks for some premium selected maple tops and I'm looking at this one that came with a $260 kit wondering what could be better?

It's not a veneer is it?

• Members

Did as much as I could today after waiting for the finish to cure. Sanded, wet-sanded and polished, then installed a few things. I'm missing and/or still looking for enough wire to finish the job.

Some evidence of shine:

shine1.jpg

Back:

completedback1.jpg

Headstock:

completedhead1.jpg

completedhead2.jpg

Front:

completedfront1.jpg

Switch ring and neck pickup:

completedpickup1.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I'm sticking with black on this one for now. I just got it wired up and man what a difference from my slew of 57 classic machines. This thing plays fantastic! I'll try to get some clips up tomorrow.

Btw, these pickups are the GFS dream 90's, and I added a neck phase switch. Not quite 100% useless ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived