is this THE Craig Anderton of Electronic Projects For Musicians fame?

zurdo1

Google results only bring up two verified deaths I can find.
The rest are all forums full of BS with nothing verifyable

Leslie Harvey and John Rostill
Both died overseas where the voltage runs at 240VAC vs 120V here in the US.

You left off at least one, and others as well I suspect... but Keith Relf isn't mentioned on your list, and he died from electrocution while playing guitar.

I myself was once zapped so hard that on the video of the concert, you could actually see a large blue spark flash between my mouth and the vocal mic, and my head physically snap back from the jolt. I'm lucky I wasn't killed.

PS It's not voltage that will kill you - it's amperage. :wave:

• Members

Back in the 60's, when plugs and outlets weren't polarized, the female singer in our band, would indignantly ask if the ground switch was on before we played, as if it was our carelessness that gave her shocks :lol: I don't remember how she got shocks from the mic, since she didn't play an instrument. Anyway, I tried explaining that it wasn't an ON/OFF switch, but she wasn't technically literate. I later made a tester from an NE-2 bulb and a resistor mounted in a medicine bottle, and made sure it wouldn't light up when the leads ran between the various amp chassis. I still have the same amp, but after my nephew touched my strings, while holding his guitar, and got a shock, I replaced the chord with a grounded 3 prong plug, and disconnected the polarity switch and death capacitor. Now that I think about, that could still result in a shock if the other guy had an old amp capable of being plugged in backwards.

Archived