Post pics of your Mustang

odo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
bump

NGD yesterday

'69 competition mustang with matching headstock, all original besides the newer schaller tuners and strap locks

it may be ugly, but...

1969_fender_mustang.jpg

I'm not sure whether to leave it like it is or not (I mean the finish)
:confused:

it ended up like that cause some idiot put nirvana stickers all over it, and the finish came off when the stickers did
:cry:

Refinish for sure, couldn't hurt.

BTW,^^^^^^^ Mustangs not Rustangs!;:p

• Members

I love the decals on the body...did you do that yourself? where did you get them?

Those aren't decals, it's paint. That's a '65 Mustang and in 1967 my drummer's sister, an art student in NYC at the time, painted my Mustang and our rhythm guitarist's SG with psychedelic artwork.

• Members

Those aren't decals, it's paint. That's a '65 Mustang and in 1967 my drummer's sister, an art student in NYC at the time, painted my Mustang and our rhythm guitarist's SG with psychedelic artwork.

Thats great man, a friend is painting all over my telecaster and I can't wait for it to be finished

• Members
I find irony in your post with that username. :poke:

Yeah, it does seem at odds....and I don't even have the Talon anymore.

I've had the Z-28 for 12 years. The Mustang belonged to my father till his passing.

I can see why the Z-28 and Mustang would seem to be at polar opposites. I actually like both, but the T-tops put the Z-28 over the top.
mustz28eclipse2aa.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Members

An old thread deserves an old guitar, just scored my first real vintage yesterday, 1965 Mustang serial #L63825. All original, one owner. It's got some dings, but very solid. I can't believe this guitar has brazilian rosewood, nice wood for a "student guitar".

fm.jpg

m1.jpg

• Members
sorry, no mustangs, how about a Pinto??

attachment.php?attachmentid=332626&d=129

That's cool, just watch how you back that thing up!

Here's some more pics:

Hard to get a good shot of the back plate, that chrome is like new.

ms.jpg

Vintage brazilian goodness.

003.jpg

Sweet original case.

005.jpg

Archived