Seymour Duncan Liberator

scolfax

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It looks more like this one from Toneshapers but this one can be used as a volume or tone pot with a push push switch. From first glance, it appears that the "Liberator" and this one will need to be soldered to the switch, pots and output jack.

TS-PPS2-SPL-1_400.jpgTS-PPS2-SOL_plate_400.jpgTS-PPS2-SOL_plates_400.jpg

Of course you can go for one of these 100% solderless models;

TS-T2-NHB_400.jpgSE-KIT-VTS-25025-RH_400.jpg

I have their original Strat model and couldn't be happier with it. Too bad they seem to be flying under the radar screen of the general public who aren't aware that they have been doing this for the last 3 years, but they keep pushing out cool products so maybe it will just be a matter of time.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

OK, so I'm ready to use a Liberator or Toneshaper to assemble an HSH setup, probably with JEM-style switching.

Ignoring prices, here are my notes:

Liberator: Still needs quite a bit of soldering. Was hoping for a solderless solution.

Toneshaper: From what I can tell, doesn't support an HSH configuration with the ability to coil split the neck and bridge. Might allow SSH.

Toneshaper Serenity: So far might be the only option, but haven't seen any examples with HSH.

• Members

Do yourself a favor and learn how to solder. I ordered the Liberator, and while it's a cool concept, I would have to route the guitars that I wanted to install it into.

The base of the pot is wide, so while it might work on some guitars, others require modification.

• Members

Do yourself a favor and learn how to solder. I ordered the Liberator, and while it's a cool concept, I would have to route the guitars that I wanted to install it into.

The base of the pot is wide, so while it might work on some guitars, others require modification.

I can solder. I've done it a lot and don't want to do it anymore.

Route?! Why? Which guitar? I saw a demo where it was installed into an Ibanez Sabre - very thin guitar, so less room than normal.

Archived