Advice on selling a partsocaster

scolfax

• Members

Thanks. Useful replies all around as usual. I almost wish I needed something to trade it for!

I'm definitely going to try selling it outright first. Trusting someone who knows something about the parts will know that it's a better guitar than an equally priced Fender. If that doesn't work, parts.

• Members

I almost wish I needed something to trade it for!

Just a thought but you could trade it for something that you don't need but is easier to sell. I've done this a few times. Traded something that I knew I wanted to move for something that I didn't need but thought was cool. Played with a new piece of gear for a while and then sold it.

Sometimes gear is like beer and money. We never keep it. We just hang on to it for a while and then move it on.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, for those of you who are interested, it took over a month to sell (not parted out) and I got $500 for it. There was no way I would sell it for less than that. It's less than I had hoped but I don't feel bad.

I have to admit that as I was packing it, I played it for a bit and almost changed my mind. I actually had to call a buddy and have him talk me down.

• Members

Someone got a really nice guitar for $500. :thu:

I missed this thread the first time around and just clicked on it... I was going to type, 'I'd shoot for $600, but it will probably go for about $500' then decided to check to see of any updates.

Lots of nice parts there. I think probably the Callaham pickups are what most hurt your percentage return. They aren't cheap by any stretch, but seems like they don't get a lot of press.

:idk:

• Members

Just a thought but you could trade it for something that you don't need but is easier to sell. I've done this a few times. Traded something that I knew I wanted to move for something that I didn't need but thought was cool. Played with a new piece of gear for a while and then sold it.

Sometimes gear is like beer and money. We never keep it. We just hang on to it for a while and then move it on.

I do this all of the time, I do it mainly to trade up and try new gear :)

• Members

If you're using Callaham with MIM body, then you're definitely gonna get a premium parting it out.

Yep you are looking at around 400 maybe 450 for the loaded body another 175 for the neck. Complete you may get 450 to 600 for it. parted you would be closer to 700. That thing is beautiful by the way. If it was arctic white I would be very interested in it as a whole

• Members
Advanced search. There is a box to check to search completed auctions only. It seems to be you can select either completed auctions or current, but both at the same time is not allowed.

Ah thanks man! :thu:

Archived