Les Paul Studio questions

lawnchair

• Members

So I've been lusting after a white Les Paul Custom for years and I'm coming to the realization that I won't be able to afford one for a looooong time. Therefore, I've been looking into white Studios.

However, I find the gold hardware absolutely gaudy. Does anyone know if they came with chrome hardware and if so, what years?

Also, what are your opinions on their neck profile? I've heard everything from fat 50s to medium.

Thanks.

• Members

I don't know that I've seen a white one stock with chrome hardware but you could always live with the gold until you either 'become ok with it' or find someone who will trade the chrome for gold, or buy a chrome set and try to sell the gold.

The necks are pretty fat but I like them because I have large hands. They are the '59 carve. I got a white Studio that was an empty body/neck:

IMG_0087.jpg

...got all of the hardware together (that's only part of the stuff):

partsforwhitegibson.jpg

and made a bad azz white LP:

whitepaulie.jpg

mean & nasty

IMG_0237.jpg

goes to '11'

goesto11.jpg

• Members

As a recent Les Paul shopper, I can tell you that the Studio necks are FAT. They're the 50s rounded profile---it's that simple.

I owned a Les Paul with a 50s neck for a year, but I never could bond with the neck. Sold it.

Last year, I bought a LP Traditional Pro with the 60s neck. Such a world of difference! It's the most neck-comfy guitar I own.

So, think VERY carefully before purchasing.

Archived