agile al-2000 with floyd rose?

iblastoff

• Members

When did I brag? There's 5000 guys here that could shred circles around me. I would never be cocky around here about my playing. I posted clips of the guitar the poster had questions about. And pictures. And detail. In other words, I offered real advice based on facts and experience. And you come in, don't have ANY experience, mock my playing on a clip titled as a TEST clip, confuse Rondo with GFS, and generally, as usual, have no clue what you're talking about.

As time goes by, you get worse and worse. It's really pathetic.

I didn't listen to your clip, so I'm not mocking it. But you have a signature that contains more than my quote. I've clicked it before and lost interest soon after. Nothing personal, but if you throw it out there, don't get butthurt when someone uses it against you. Now hush...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't listen to your clip, so I'm not mocking it. But you have a signature that contains more than my quote. I've clicked it before and lost interest soon after. Nothing personal, but if you throw it out there, don't get butthurt when someone uses it against you. Now hush...

"And just because you post clips, that's doesn't mean they're actually any good. Keep practicing though. "

"I'm not the one braging about the clips I've posted"

Again, when did I brag, and when was this relevant? Are you deflecting, because you realized you have no actual information to share on the subject?

But no, mocking my tunes will surely prove your point, blowhard.

• Members

"And just because you post clips, that's doesn't mean they're actually any good. Keep practicing though. "

"I'm not the one braging about the clips I've posted"

Again, when did I brag, and when was this relevant? Are you deflecting, because you realized you have no actual information to share on the subject?

But no, mocking my tunes will surely prove your point, blowhard.

aww, now someone got butthurt =(

Shoulda hushed when you had the chance..

• Members

aww, now someone got butthurt =(

Shoulda hushed when you had the chance..

Butthurt? Are you truly that daft?

You run your argument in a big, useless circle, bring my recordings into it, then call me butthurt when I try to follow you?

If you want to debate my playing, feel free to PM me. If you want to continue pretending to be an expert on gear you've never even been in the same room with, keep embarrassing yourself here.

iBlastoff, if there are any more questions feel free to catch me at either forum. I'm sure you can tell how much I enjoy having to deal with RavenTard. Love having a thread about a guitar turn into a debate about playing. :facepalm:

• Members

Based on what, out of curiosity? Have you actually had an issue? I see a lot of people declaring these are junk based on opinions like Raven's (due to what they READ) or from people who have never owned a Floyd equipped guitar before. I've been playing Floyds since I started playing something like 25 years ago, and the Rondo ones are much better quality/durability than similar ones used on LTD, Starfire, Jackson, etc... , but not as solid (or resonant) as an OFR. In other words, what gives you reason to think it will fail, if it hasn't?

Because I took it apart after a few weeks of use and it was clear that the knife edge had already seen some signs of use and wasn't particularly sharp.

I think it will hold for a while, but I will have to sharpen the edge or replace it at some point, I'm sure.

• Members

Butthurt? Are you truly that daft?

You run your argument in a big, useless circle, bring my recordings into it, then call me butthurt when I try to follow you?

If you want to debate my playing, feel free to PM me. If you want to continue pretending to be an expert on gear you've never even been in the same room with, keep embarrassing yourself here.

iBlastoff, if there are any more questions feel free to catch me at either forum. I'm sure you can tell how much I enjoy having to deal with RavenTard. Love having a thread about a guitar turn into a debate about playing.
:facepalm:

Run along now...

• Members

That's interesting, that the LFR's aren't Chinese, since the majority of the OFR's being produced today ARE Chinese. THe IBanez Edge of the mid 80's is a much better bridge than an OFR, Schallers are currently also better, and all the Gotohs I've had have been right on par with the real deal. You can't buy a Toyota and expect a burlwood dashboard, but more often than not, if a company has a reputation, it's because they are innovative enough to make their cheap product worth buying. I wouldn't shy away from a guitar because of a licensed component.

• Members

That's interesting, that the LFR's aren't Chinese, since the majority of the OFR's being produced today ARE Chinese. THe IBanez Edge of the mid 80's is a much better bridge than an OFR, Schallers are currently also better, and all the Gotohs I've had have been right on par with the real deal. You can't buy a Toyota and expect a burlwood dashboard, but more often than not, if a company has a reputation, it's because they are innovative enough to make their cheap product worth buying. I wouldn't shy away from a guitar because of a licensed component.

I've never played a Gotoh LFR, but I've heard they're very good. My all-time favorite LFR (and this includes the real deal) is the Ibanez Edge Pro. I had one on an RG1570 and it was simply the most amazing piece of guitar part art I've ever touched. I wish Ibanez made a guitar with a non-paper-thin neck that had that trem. Agreed on the Schallers, too.. The one on my Charvel feels a lot better in my hands than the OFR on my Carvin CT. The OFR is super stable and durable, two things the Schaller isn't due to the soft baseplate and the age of my particular Schaller, but the Schaller feels and sounds better. Always a trade-off, ya know?

• Members

Douglas Hadron. It's a double locking 7-string trem. I think it's a good enough bridge, and I don't think I'm going to cause much additional wear and tear because I'm over the initial squealie phase. But if that thing ever starts giving me real problems a few years down the line, I'm buying an Original Floyd Rose.

It's a little bit off to the bass side by maybe half a millimeter, but is parallel to the center line. I actually like it that way because it gives me a teeny bit more room on the high E string.

• Members

Hmm, you have the Gravity, right? Very similar to my WRL. I wonder if your bridge might be mis-aligned, causing wear? Mine isn't, but I saw quite a few WRL's with bridge issues in the earlier batches.

I'm really not looking to argue with you, Honey. I'm sure you know that. But if I can help you fix your problem, I'd be glad to.

You're full on trolling now. Go away, unless you have anything to actually contribute, Raven.

Didn't you retreat to your inbox to wait for my PM? Why you come back?! You go now!

• Members

I have played inexpensive licensed floyd rose trems in my younger days. For a bedroom player on a budget logging a couple hours of play per day, they should hold up reasonably well if you maintain them adequately and not abuse them. personally I would not recommend it. If you are a gigging player where tuning stability is critical, I would suggest buying a trem made with higher quality / heat-treated metal stock (gotoh, floyd rose, ibanez edge, etc). Unfortunately higher quality metal and heat treating is more expensive to purchase so the end product is higher priced as well.

There's rarely any BS marketing campaigns, endorsements, etc on things like trems, so its a classic "you get what you pay for" item IMO. Buy once cry once is how I look at things, but the onus is on the individual to determine how to spend their money.

• Members

Douglas Hadron. It's a double locking 7-string trem. I think it's a good enough bridge, and I don't think I'm going to cause much additional wear and tear because I'm over the initial squealie phase. But if that thing ever starts giving me real problems a few years down the line, I'm buying an Original Floyd Rose

Oh, it's a 7. I have a theory there, which unfortunately feeds the Raventroll. I spoke with kurt briefly at one point about lack of entry level 7 string lefties like yours. His comment led me to believe he can't get the left handed 7string bridges cheap enough, and that the right handed ones are coming from somewhere different than his 6 strings are coming from. In other words, you're right. Might be a dud.

• Members

I've never played a Gotoh LFR, but I've heard they're very good. My all-time favorite LFR (and this includes the real deal) is the Ibanez Edge Pro. I had one on an RG1570 and it was simply the most amazing piece of guitar part art I've ever touched. I wish Ibanez made a guitar with a non-paper-thin neck that had that trem. Agreed on the Schallers, too.. The one on my Charvel feels a lot better in my hands than the OFR on my Carvin CT. The OFR is super stable and durable, two things the Schaller isn't due to the soft baseplate and the age of my particular Schaller, but the Schaller feels and sounds better. Always a trade-off, ya know?

I can't get along with Ibanez guitars, necks are not comfy to me. In the mid 80's BC Rich's US made ST-III's (designed with Wayne Charvel :) ) came with Edge trems stock, that's where I know them from. Sadly, I am currently without a superstrat :o But I've been watching these Agiles (as well as Halo guitars, but they seem to have a VERY shaky reputation, though they do use Kahlers, which I prefer) for something new and fun. BUt I tend not to think these cheaper guitar purchases through well enough, I never end up keeping them.

• Members

i've never actually used/maintained a guitar with floyd rose installed and after reading a bit more on it, it seems rather daunting and a huge pain in the ass!

its not. once you understand the concept of how it works, you might actually prefer them to traditional bridge designs. lots of info on the web, and here on forums should you need help figuring things out.

• Members

its not. once you understand the concept of how it works, you might actually prefer them to traditional bridge designs. lots of info on the web, and here on forums should you need help figuring things out.

Speaking of which, do you have a link handy to that string changing video you post sometimes? I wanted to show it to someone in a different forum/thread, but I can only find the one on youtube of the kid with the black Ibanez. I like the video I've seen you post better. (is it you in the video?)

• Members

Speaking of which, do you have a link handy to that string changing video you post sometimes? I wanted to show it to someone in a different forum/thread, but I can only find the one on youtube of the kid with the black Ibanez. I like the video I've seen you post better. (is it you in the video?)

Hey Arrowhead, Its probably someone else you're thinking of. I can't think of too many floyd afficianados on these boards besides RavenCad and myself and a few others I'm forgetting about. My way of stringing floyd'ed guitars is a bit unusual but I'm able to do it super fast and its stable as all hell (used to routinely gig guitars that I've changed strings on only ~ 1 hour before). I did a write up sometime ago (don't remember if it was here or on TGP, or MLP) of my process but don't recall making a video.

but.. that gives me an idea! lol. maybe i'll fire up the ol' video camera sometime!

• Members

Hey Arrowhead, Its probably someone else you're thinking of. I can't think of too many floyd afficianados on these boards besides RavenCad and myself and a few others I'm forgetting about. My way of stringing floyd'ed guitars is a bit unusual but I'm able to do it super fast and its stable as all hell (used to routinely gig guitars that I've changed strings on only ~ 1 hour before). I did a write up sometime ago (don't remember if it was here or on TGP, or MLP) of my process but don't recall making a video.

but.. that gives me an idea! lol. maybe i'll fire up the ol' video camera sometime!

I know the video he's talking about. It's the one where the guy uses the amber quilted OLP Axis..

Arrow, find it yerself =)

• Members

I know the video he's talking about. It's the one where the guy uses the amber quilted OLP Axis..

Arrow, find it yerself =)

Helpful as always. And correct, that's the correct video. I thought it was Mario who had linked it here before. My mistake. Now go away, troll.

I do remember your thread on Floyds, Malto. It was very well laid out. I would love to see you make a video going over the same basics. I can almost guarantee it would be the first place I send people with Floyd setup issues. You take the effort to be helpful and can clearly lay stuff out in a simple manner.

• Members

Helpful as always. And correct, that's the correct video. I thought it was Mario who had linked it here before. My mistake. Now go away, troll.

I do remember your thread on Floyds, Malto. It was very well laid out. I would love to see you make a video going over the same basics. I can almost guarantee it would be the first place I send people with Floyd setup issues. You take the effort to be helpful and can clearly lay stuff out in a simple manner.

I'm a troll because I won't be your own personal Google? I've linked that video tons of times, so go do a search. I know you love reading my bits-o-wisdom anyway =)

I'd like to see a video on your method too, Mario. I didn't realize you were doing something different than the usual stack-o-picks that works so well.. I'm R intrigued..

• Members

I'm a troll because I won't be your own personal Google? I've linked that video tons of times, so go do a search. I know you love reading my bits-o-wisdom anyway =)

I'd like to see a video on your method too, Mario. I didn't realize you were doing something different than the usual stack-o-picks that works so well.. I'm R intrigued..

I think he did do the block the trem trick, as I recall. It's in his thread. Search for it yourself. What, you think I'm your own personal google page? (see how that logic works?)

This ends now, Raven. I'm done feeding your trolling.

• Members

so this is where the :snax: thing goes then?

"IM done with this! this ends now!"

LAUGH MY Fing ass off..

this is such a drama spill over such a pointless silly topic..

a freaking tremolo bar... such passion for this stuff..

man,, im glad it ended... but some how i doubt it...

so :snax:

and continue... you do internet so well!!

:rolleyes:

Archived