Craziness of LP + Tons of Pedals

TheChristopher

• Members

I see where you are trying to go with the conductor statement but I don't see a conductor wanting a percussionist playing drums that were rigged up to sound like a violin. If they wanted a violin sound they would use a violinist playing a violin. If you want a synthesizer/keyboard sound there are better tools than a guitar IMO.

• Members

I see where you are trying to go with the conductor statement but I don't see a conductor wanting a percussionist playing drums that were rigged up to sound like a violin. If they wanted a violin sound they would use a violinist playing a violin. If you want a synthesizer/keyboard sound there are better tools than a guitar IMO.

You are missing the obvious point that the person might be much more proficient on the guitar than a keyboard instrument and would therefore be better served composing/creating/expressing themselves on the guitar.:idea:

• Members

I'm not going to argue that a guitar can create more sounds than a synth, although maybe it can, I don't know. Anyway, my point is, as BryanMichael said, if you're not a keyboard player, you'll have a hell of a time making any sort of music on it. Also, there's a lot to be said about creating sounds very outside-the-box and in unconventional ways. Doing all of that with a guitar is impressive. Doing it on a synth isn't really.

• Members

You are missing the obvious point that the person might be much more proficient on the guitar than a keyboard instrument and would therefore be better served composing/creating/expressing themselves on the guitar.
:idea:

Bingo! You win the prize for figuring it out. With that said, this was more of a one off than an attempt at composing.

• Members

Probably the same reason you don't tell a conductor to go buy a keyboard.

Oh, to the OP: cool sounds. What pedals did you use?

Thanks for the compliment. As for pedals, probably too many. I used a friends rig. He had a set up of over 50 pedals; so as for particulars I don't remember. There were a couple of HOG's and a POG. Analog delay. Reverb. Much easier for me to explain the clip below. Simple set up. :D

[video=youtube;G2yBsxjZPho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2yBsxjZPho

Archived