Should I make this trade: Reverend Rocco (USA) for '83 Strat?

New Trail

• Members

Depends on how good a friend he is. Even though my only experience is with the Korean versions I love Reverends. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Strats to but they are a dime a dozen whereas the rocco is a bit more of an oddity. For that reason alone I would personally keep the Rocco in that situation. But if he's a good friend and the Strat in question is worth at least as much as you paid him for the Rocco then in the name of friendship it could be a good trade.

• Members

I'd prefer a Strat to that Reverend, but what's his Strat like? Some Strats from the 80s have different features that I wouldn't want.

The '83 is really a transition model. It is the one with two knobs and the input jack on the pickguard. It was only made for one year. The people that like that particular model seem to REALLY like them whereas they are looked down upon by others for some reason.

• Members

That's what I thought. Well, if you don't use both tone knobs, and you don't mind the jack placement, maybe it'll be good for you. I'd be more inclined to trade in this situation based on its circumstances. If you'd play that Strat, then go ahead with the trade. Then, you helping him out will be full-circle.

• Members

Personally, I'd hang onto the Rocco since the Strats during that period were really questionable. They were quite heavy and the plastic around the input jack tended to crack with hard usage. However, if you really love the Strat and your friend really wants that Rocco back, then go for it. But I would DEFINITELY try before you pull the trigger.

Archived