Looking for a clean, efficient, fast channel EQ plug-in for VST and WinXP...

144dB

• Members

Hey all,

Any suggestions for the above? I'm looking for something along the lines of UAD's Cambridge, but native (VST) and very efficient with the CPU. Something with good high and lowpass filters and some simple shelves that I can rough-out a mix quickly, and then use some parametric bells to tweak the details. I have Waves Ren EQ, so perhaps I just need to practice with it more.

It has to be efficient (my CPU is old), it should be affordable (

Any thoughts?

Todd

• Members

Hey all,

Any suggestions for the above? I'm looking for something along the lines of UAD's Cambridge, but native (VST) and very efficient with the CPU. Something with good high and lowpass filters and some simple shelves that I can rough-out a mix quickly, and then use some parametric bells to tweak the details. I have
Waves Ren Compresso
r, so perhaps I just need to practice with it more.

It has to be efficient (my CPU is old), it should be affordable (

Any thoughts?

Todd

Todd, you probably mean that you have the Wave Renaissance EQ, right? I have that too. I'm not sure about the highpass filter on those...I seem to get better luck using HP filters either using the Digi III EQs or whatever they're called or the MDW Massenberg EQs, both of which are considered "clean" EQs. Obviously, the first one is not VST. I don't know about the MDWs. The rest of the Waves Renaissance EQ seems to work pretty well, although both the aforementioned EQs sound "cleaner". For "clean" EQ tweaks, boosts, cuts, etc., I usually just go with the MDW, which works well.

• Members

Todd, you probably mean that you have the Wave Renaissance EQ, right?

Hi Ken,

Yep... :thu: You're correct. I made a mistake in my original post, and I just corrected it. I have the Ren Compressor as well, but obviously that doesn't make for a very good EQ. :)

Tim: I'll have to download those Reaper plug-ins. I'm really intrigued by their gate as well. If it had MIDI input it might be perfect (it does have MIDI output, so I could work around it).

I'll likewise have to check out Wavearts. I'm not familiar with them.

Thanks again.

Todd

• Members

Hi Ken,

Yep...
:thu:
You're correct. I made a mistake in my original post, and I just corrected it. I have the Ren Compressor as well, but obviously that doesn't make for a very good EQ.
:)

Welllll....if you utterly *crush* something, it might make a really good high-pass filter!!!! :D

I like the high-pass filter in the MDW better than the Ren EQs personally.

Archived