Xaviere Guitars

Spirithawk

• Members

I was checking out parts on Guitar Fetish. I'm new to looking at their stuff and I'm wondering about the Xaviere Guitars they sell. Anyone know much about them? At the prices I wouldn't expect a lot from them but they look interesting.

• Members

I've been through a few. In general, you get a good value for your money. Some of them are better then others. I like the "fender" style axes more.

I will say that I've sold every Xaviere that I've owned, and although I liked them, I don't miss them.

• Members

Well, I've pretty much made up my mind. This will be my next guitar once I get past my operation. Think it will be a pretty nice reward to myself. Just trying to decide Rosewood or Maple. If the Rosewood is actually this dark I'm leaning towards it. So whatcha all think?

XV-870 Double Cutaway

870_IBM_MP.jpg

870_IBM_RW.jpg

• Members

The quick long and short on Xaviere:

Good buys. You get your money's worth, but odds are you will sell it eventually. I loved mine, I'm currently selling it. :idk:

Xaviere is perfect for gas killing. If you're thinking "I NEED a Les Paul with an F-hole, but don't wanna spend one miiiiiiillion dollars..." Xaviere. You get a big lovin spoonful of what the "real" version is like, without breaking the bank. After awhile, you'll think 1 of two things. Either A) "Yeah, that Jaguar with Telecaster pickups was cool, but I think I just want a regular tele" and you'll upgrade; or B) "Damn, I LOVE ES 335 STYLE GUITARS" and you'll save for a Gibson.

You'll enjoy it and it'll sound about like it looks like it should, but you'll know it's budget, and you will eventually upgrade.

• Members

I've had 5 Xavieres, all required an extensive setup with fret leveling due to dead spots and buzzing everywhere.

Once set up though, they play and sound great. Decent electronics and hardware stock, along with better than

stock pickups if they come with GFS pickups.

• Members

I got a JT-60 with the intentions of just using the body for a project.

When it arrived, i kinda liked it stock! But in the end, decided to go ahead with the project, it's still lying in pieces. The only original parts ive kept is the body and the strap buttons! ;)

• Members

I own the XV900 (335 clone). I wanted a cheap alternative to a Gibson. Needed a LOT of work and upgrades. Still way cheaper than a Gibson but will never BE a Gibson. I'll probably keep it, but I'd never buy another Xaviere. Too much time in the shop. Perfect for do it yourselfers. I had better luck with my Vintage VS 6 SG clone. Much better quality control with no set-up issues at all. Swapped out the pups and have a cool, cheap SG-like alternative.

• Members

Apparently most need to do some setup work, but mine (XV-610) was good to go right away, good fit/finish, great pickups (Dream 180s). Guess I got lucky, but I won't be selling it, and I will buy another if I sell one of my amps.

• Members

I have 2 XV-870's. Fiesta Red w/rosewood and kinda tobacco sunburst, mint green p/g w/maple. The rosewood isn't as dark as the picture, lemon oil helped considerably. Love the stock pups, you'll want to change pots immediately and they do require a set up. I play them out every week.

Archived