Project: Complete. Stratocaster Content. (Pics and a Video)

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Forgive me, but I'm making another thread upon the full completion of this thing. It's just so bitchin, and the other one is kinda clogged. :idk:

I'll be short, share my content, and we'll be done here. :)

This is about my MIM Strat. I've had it longer than all my other 6 strings and it's mutated quite a bit.

From this:

Photo0222.jpg

To this:

DSCN0644.jpg

And as of this weekend, this:

DSCN1252.jpg

Last night I did some more setup work. Intonated, got the action nailed down and buzz free... she's playin like a champ after all these years of abuse. I just love this guitar. A solid strat is simply the bee's knees. It's been half way across the country and played a ton of shows, been dropped and left in hot cars... it just can't be phased.

I also got around to making a little tone video. I don't make videos very often and have poor equipment for such things, but here it is none the less. I just play a song, occasionally stopping to switch pickups.

Oh, btw, the pickups are a BG Dark Bucker in the bridge, and then two Seymour Duncan stacked, noise cancelling singles. The singles are wired in reverse so I can do bridge and neck at the same time. I'm gonna re-solder that when I get a chance.

You can't really tell but the amp is actually kinda loud so I would have had to yell to speak. I just point, and I put those word bubbles on the video to make things clear. It's kinda quiet so headphones would probably help.

Hope you like Tenacious D!

[video=youtube;BptCmSEmNl0]

DSCN1251.jpg

:wave: Thanks fer checking it out! :wave:

• Members

Looks great, I love that chip in the last picture, it just adds so much mojo to the guitar, kudos! HNProjectcompleteGD!

Heh, thanks! I like it too, you can see the black underneath the blue, and it looks like there is a decent bit of grain to this slab of alder, so that's always a plus.

:)

• Members

Nice. You put that thing in phase yet?

I haven't. I was gonna do it Tuesday but ended up chaning the pot on my Epiphone, and then installing a JB Jr in a buddy's Squier Strat. That one is in phase! :)

I'm not sure when I'll get to it. Hopefully soon. Again, I just reverse the hot with the ground right?

Archived