A post honeymoon review of the Agile 3000M. I wanna be a product tester for Rondo!

riffy

• Members

Gary Smart Reviews

Agile 3000M Review

I received this guitar in a very sturdy hard-shell case. It is very similar to most guitar companies cases. Which means, it is MORE than adequate for the job. The carry handle is very comfortable and sturdy as are the latches for the case. I don

• Members

sorry but as an owner of multiple agiles, member of the agile forum and feedback from other owners, i can say the binding is actually imperfect by design. i highly doubt the binding on the headstock is 100% perfect on yours because thats pretty much impossible considering the way its put on there.

heres mine: silverheadstock.jpg

pretty clear in the top left area of the headstock there is a clear break which should be found on every al-3x00 model.

also theres been questions on the type of wood used and whether its actual mohagany or not. compared to a gibson les paul standard, the al-3100 unplugged sounds MUCH thinner, leading me to believe there is definitely something off with the type or quality of the wood.

i like my agiles, but these juiced up reviews, especially since your goal is to apparently be a tester for rondo, do them no favours.

• Members

sorry but as an owner of multiple agiles, member of the agile forum and feedback from other owners, i can say the binding is actually imperfect by design. i highly doubt the binding on the headstock is 100% perfect on yours because thats pretty much impossible considering the way its put on there.

heres mine:
silverheadstock.jpg

pretty clear in the top left area of the headstock there is a clear break which should be found on every al-3x00 model.

also theres been questions on the type of wood used and whether its actual mohagany or not. compared to a gibson les paul standard, the al-3100 unplugged sounds MUCH thinner, leading me to believe there is definitely something off with the type or quality of the wood.

i like my agiles, but these juiced up reviews, especially since your goal is to apparently be a tester for rondo, do them no favours.

My binding join is in the treble side top corner. Since you say it is done by design, and I would agree, it is done as it was supposed to be executed, so therefore, to me, perfect.

I have a Gibson LP Custom that I have compared the Agile to quite extensively. I stand by my conclusions.

Yes, I would like to be a product tester for Rondo, that did not influence this review though. This was done for Audiofanzine. I decided to post it here. I do not believe I 'juiced' this review at all. I simply called it as I see it.

I stand by the review. Period.

Gary

• Members

its not by design. if theres a gap or offset, its a mistake. a fairly inconcequaltial one, but a mistake none the less.

AL3000M_headstock.jpg

My top treble side looks like the bottom bass side on your headstock. I can't say if that is an error or not looking at yours and mine together.

IF it isn't by design then, it is a very inconsequential error. If I am mistaken in this part of my review, I do apologize and am sorry.

Gary

• Members

Jeez, I don't have one of these and I'm not really interested right now, but it's a good thing I don't wear my reading glasses when I play.

LOL, me too. I bought this guitar as a player. A player only. I just thought I would do a review of it though, to help others out who were wondering about them... Oh well, no 'good' deed goes unpunished!

Gary

• Members

Yeah this doesnt sound biased at all...
:rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes, it doesn't bother me. The review isn't biased in any way by wanting to help test future designs of Rondo Music's guitar lines.

Should I have done the review then a couple of weeks later posted that I wanted to do product testing for them?

Would that have been any more believable? IF you knew me you wouldn't question that at all.

Gary

• Members

You can roll your eyes, it doesn't bother me. The review isn't biased in any way by wanting to help test future designs of Rondo Music's guitar lines.

Should I have done the review then a couple of weeks later posted that I wanted to do product testing for them?

Would that have been any more believable? IF you knew me you wouldn't question that at all.

Gary

I dunno, maybe you could have worded it differently, like "wow these guitars are so great I would love to be involved with their marketing" or something, rather than "I want to work for these guys! Oh and heres my glowing review where I call everything perfect, even after I acknowlegde that the binding has a flaw, but I guess its supposed to be that way so- 10/10!!!!!!!!!".

Youre right, I dont know you, Im guessing people reading your reviews and people who work at rondo dont either... its not like youre trying to convince you mum or anything so you have to be objective and convincing...

Besides, does Rondo have stateside "product testers" anyway? :confused:

Archived