Opinions on Raven West guitars

darren0203

• Members

I have one. That's the one that has the fret issues I posted about.

That's what I imagined when you mentioned the P90s. Besides the issue you're having with the frets, how do you feel about the guitar? BTW, I agree all Teles should have a maple board and do you think a Fender neck will fit in the pocket?

• Members

That's what I imagined when you mentioned the P90s. Besides the issue you're having with the frets, how do you feel about the guitar? BTW, I agree all Teles should have a maple board and do you think a Fender neck will fit in the pocket?

There was also an issue with sharp fret ends. That one doesn't particularly bother me but I know it's a deal-breaker for some so I feel it should be mentioned.

Other than those two fret deals it really is a fairly nice guitar and like I said, I've gigged with that one stock quite a few times. There's only three electric guitars in my arsenal that I regularly gig with that are bone stock: that RWG Tele, a Gibson SG '61 reissue and a Gibson LP Classic.

• Members
There was also an issue with sharp fret ends. That one doesn't particularly bother me but I know it's a deal-breaker for some so I feel it should be mentioned.

Other than those two fret deals it really is a fairly nice guitar and like I said, I've gigged with that one stock quite a few times. There's only three electric guitars in my arsenal that I regularly gig with that are bone stock: that RWG Tele, a Gibson SG '61 reissue and a Gibson LP Classic.

fret ends are pretty sharp on mine as well.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

there are all kinds of directions and vids on fret filing if you have sharp ones,, you may have to buck-up for a couple decent files,, but patience and taping the surrounding area ,,, you can file all 22 in a couple hours, If you can save 200 and just spend a afternoon on them go for it,;)

• Members

My left handed RWG lefty spalted maple RG6500 is a great playing & sounding guitar. The pickups were surprisingly good. I put an original Floyd Rose in as the only upgrade. Love the neck thru design. I also dig the tree of life inlay & the satin finish. Cant go wrong for the price, I paid $230 & worth every penny.

100_0122.jpg

• 5 years later...
  • Members

I have been reading the reviews of the RWG Guitars, and for the most part I agree with what I have read. I LOVE this RM300MAC I recently purchased, the sound is great, although I am playing it through a Bass Amp right now, the tones and the rich deep sound is really awesome. I can't wait until I can actually do this thing justice and start playing it more.

Archived