Need Web Design Software thats Super Easy

• Members

Blue, here's the deal to get the Weebly branding removed. You have to sign up for the Pro Account.

6 Months $4.58/month

1 Year $3.99/month

2 Years $2.99/month (25% discount)

I got an account there several years ago when I started the VASVW Website and was looking for a quick and easy template set. I did not like what was there and found it easier for me to adapt other available templates for our use.

With the host I have I have the ability to easily open the site folder I have on the desktop and use KATE or KWrite (text editors) to make changes to the site. I'll also use the cPanel file manager to edit the site. If I need more in depth work with I'll use Bluefish or Kompozer, download the page I need to work with, make the changes on the computer, and then upload.

• Members

Blue, here's the deal to get the Weebly branding removed. You have to sign up for the Pro Account.

6 Months $4.58/month

1 Year $3.99/month

2 Years $2.99/month (25% discount)

I got an account there several years ago when I started the
VASVW Website
and was looking for a quick and easy template set. I did not like what was there and found it easier for me to adapt other available templates for our use.

With the host I have I have the ability to easily open the site folder I have on the desktop and use KATE or KWrite (text editors) to make changes to the site. I'll also use the cPanel file manager to edit the site. If I need more in depth work with I'll use Bluefish or Kompozer, download the page I need to work with, make the changes on the computer, and then upload.

Ah, that's not too bad at all, assuming you can get what you want out of it. But, of course, as you saw, that's a biggie.

The cloud-based hosting I've just started putting blog/database-requiring clients on is ~$5/mo paying 3 mos at a time, going down to ~$4.25 if you buy 3 years up front. Their next tier up allows 'unlimited' sites.*

*If that all sounds like a large, familiar, not universally loved N. American hosting company, you may be right. I'd experimented with blogs and other DB stuff there under their old server system and it was, shall we say, much less than satisfactory because the shared database response time was all over the map -- although static sites hosted there were generally quite quick and solid. But they just introduced what they call 4th generation hosting, using a cloud based system. With some trepidation I put a huge photoblog that was killing the server at the expensive Windows/ASP hosting it was hosted on on this new "4GH" hosting (and about to run the clients into high storage overage costs) and was pleasantly shocked to see very good performance, particularly considering the money. [Name of not-universally loved, very large North American hosting company available on request. Rhymes with hodaddy. :D ]

Archived