Any of you doods have a Twitter account?

Mark L

• Members
:D

Whaddaya saying? That was a fantastic post!! It could go on longer and I would read every word still!!! Thanks!

You did a great job at describing many of the skills involved in portrait photography! That's probably one of the areas in which I have the least amount of experience (well, okay, there's war photojournalism....
:D
), having only done it a few times. Not so easy!

Anyway, thanks for that description!!!!!!!

Wow reading your reply just gave me the warm fuzzies, many thanks. I edited the post and added a couple of bits here and there just for the heck of it hope you don't mind. Thanks again

• Members

Even when TWITTER first appeared, I atavistically recoiled from that name. "Twitter" suggests the meaningless, high-pitched chirping of birds, and I don't (usually) see my posts as being THAT. And more disagreeable is the suggestion of the word "twit". A "twit"-- with its dismissive short-i sound, like pin, dip{censored}, nitwit, bit, n*gger, zit, the 'pits', little, etc.--- is a British euphemism for the more explicit "twat". It basically means a person (often from Britain's upper-classes) who, despite his social privilege, is ultimately ignorant, self-absorbed, self-indulgent, lordly and callous. The only word worse with this symbology might be c**t. Thus the title TWITTER is an example of America's not-infrequent pander to the puer aeturnus at work.

So, in short, I never found the word "Twitter" to be cutely collusive or appealingly smirkworthy at all. What's in a name? Plenty.

• Members

Actually, facebook can be pretty useful, imo. I got quite a lot of work from that after I set up a FB account.

Me too. I only have 80 'likes' on my musician page, but it is quickly surpassing word-of-mouth and driving around trolling for bars as my main source of gigs. It's working for now...

But I don't twit. Or tweet. or whatever it is.

Archived