I'm get'n late in the game GAS for the Epiphone LP Prophecy Custom GX-Anyone try one?

GAS Man

• Members

These guys with the Gibson Dirty Fingers.

PROPH_LPCstGX-BC-78b23b35b72cb8af45ce6f3

They seem to be discontinued now and the prices are down to $599 where you can still find them. I think they are kinda purdy, maybe a bit cheesy too. But the pickups and red quilty top has some draw at these lowered prices.

Any comment welcome.

Decent vid here.

[video=youtube;xJoFEC1T-7g]

• Members

There are way too many words in that Guitar's name.
:)

Good comment, that gave me a chuckle. I think the only important name in there (besides "Epiphone") is Custom. That gives you an idea of the class of appointments it has in the pecking order of Epi LPs. Although the danger metal squigglies otherwise obscure that pedigree (if you will).

0811231104-headstock-l.jpg?t=1262219841

• Members

I GAS on and off for the SG version of that ...

And, yeah, the inlays are
:freak:
... but maybe I'm just not BrOOtal enough.

Yeah, I've GAS'd for the SG version as well, but I'd bet that with the Dirty Fingers pickups the extra meat under them on the Les Paul would help round them out more to my liking.

• Members

Yeah, I've GAS'd for the SG version as well, but I'd bet that with the Dirty Fingers pickups the extra meat under them on the Les Paul would help round them out more to my liking.

Probably so, I just find SGs so much more comfy than LPs, so that kinda pushes me one way and not the other.

• Members

The first foray into the newer 'improved' models Epiphone
tried on us a couple of years ago...they didn't really take off but I surely can appreciate the concept.

Probably well phrased. I wonder if there was good reason it didn't take off.

But now (being phased out) they are about $200 cheaper which is a good part of what caught my interest. But that might still be too much for them :idk:

• Members

I really think they must have made that Prophecy line at whatever place they make the Fernandez's at.

The finish, the hardware, binding, and the year they came out both types had the pearltopped knobs. I see Fernandez dropped the pearl.

Archived