Making Video's - What's your method?

FoonkySteve

• Members

For all y'all who make and post video's - how do you do it?

I am asking as i am about to get my teaching website built over the next few months, and i intend to get some videos on there. I was thinking an intro to the site, and maybe some backing tracks, lessons, tuning notes etc....

So.... im looking for a method that meets the folling criteria;

Affordable

Decent quality for audio & Video

Easy to use - (like REALLY easy)

Has Some kind of editable software.

Maybe i can use what i already have?

At the moment, i have a webcam, maybe i can use this along with some software? I don't know if it records audio? If it doesn't i have a decent DAW. I have an iphone - is this too poor quality?

Or should i look at some of these Zoom recorder type gadget gizmo's?

Do i upload to youtube? - You may have noticed that i am fairly new to this, as i am clinically ugly :(

As always, i appreciate any input :thu:

ACTION!

• Members

I use a Sony Webbie HD camera. I think it retailed for about $200 when I bought it about 4 years ago.

I shoot the video while I am recording into ProTools. When I have the PT track mixed and finished, I upload both video and audio tracks into a video editor. I use a program called Power Director. Once I have the Vid in, I remove the native audio track from the vid ( Power director allows for a separation of the vid from the audio, then simple delete the audio). I then insert the PT audio with the video file.

Then there is a little tweaking as I slide the audio relative to the video to make sure the sound syncs up. Power Director then gives me an array of choices for the format in which to export the now edited video, including a direct YouTube.

here's an example with an audio and two video tracks and some effects put together

[video=youtube;RM5rD2dlw9o]

Most anything can be used but quality will differ from platform to platform. Currently, my favorite all purpose method is my Kodak Playtouch. Nice video and audio. If I need better audio, I use a Tascam DR-03 that I run at the same time I'm videoing and synch them up in Sony Vega. Prior to that I had a Canon FS200 which was awesome both for video and audio. That broke .. :cry:

Archived