Electa MPC X-320 "Les Paul" copy !!!

skipstar59

• Members

Do any of you guys have any first hand experience with this Electra model or any model with the built in effects. I have a chance to pick up a guitar exactly like this guitar for $300. I'd like to know if it's worth the asking price. Here's a link to the info on this guitar. The guitar is listed as an X-340,but the pic is of a X-320.Thanks in advance.

http://www.vintageguitar.com/4914/4914/

• Members

I had a friend back in the 70s that had one, and I played it a few times. It played very well - pretty much like any LP. I seem to recall that the effects units were pretty awful sounding.

I know another heavy-duty player who used one as his #1 for many years - quite literally until the frets and finger board wore down to the point of being unplayable. He loved it, and he had nice LPs and strats in his stable to choose from.

• Members

Those were from the "heavier is better" era of electric guitars. My friend's sunburst weighed a ton. I have no idea if it was any good or not, because I was like 13. It had a brass nut and weird abalone inlays that were green and purple swirl. The modules were pretty awesome when he plugged into his crate amp. the real ones that looked like a crate.

• Members

Went into a guitar store 1976 or 77. Leslie West had just traded in some stuff. One was a great Hayman guitar (on cover of an imported LP I have), One was an Electra MPC, one was a Marshall Major stack. I played both guitars. The MPC was very nice indeed. I'd grab it in a second if the price was right and if it had the modules to go with it. I ended up buying the Marshall Major head because that's what I needed at the time. Electra actually made a Leslie west model, but the one he traded in was a regular Les Paul shape.

All the Electra info you could possibly need: http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/

• Members

I have one of the 335 style MPC's. I only ever had the phase shifter, but it was really cool having the on-board effects adjustable with a knob on the guitar. Somewhere along the way I lost the module, though.

385803_137831629649081_100002667337472_1

Cool 335 guitar. Does it sound like a good Gibby 335?

• Members

I've never played a real 335, but it sounds better than any other knockoff I've played.

Roy those are some sweet Electra guitars. They must be a pretty rare cause with all the internet pics I've seen, I've never seen any with mini-hums. I'd hold on to those babies.:)

Archived