Anyone Own A Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute w/P90s?

acefreely

• Members

That's too bad, it just may have been a weed day for some of the Gibson staff...I would like to see some pictures of the flaws.

Good luck

I already boxed it up...

If it were just frets sticking out here and there I would have just filled them down, but the ridges up and down the neck are just too much. I can't justify keeping a guitar like that. If you look where the fretboard meets the neck all the way down, usually its smooth and you can't perceive a difference in feeling...mine had a ridge where the two woods meet all the way down on both sides.

• Members

I have one and definitely like it. It's GOLD baby ;) I also have a '50s Tribute (same thing but thicker neck and it's ebony), but for some reason the '60s Tribute has grabbed me more.

But with these Tribute LP P-90s they do have their own tone since they are a light chambered build. I wouldn't compare them to a reissue '57 or something along those lines, but I like the bluesy tone they put out. Nice and resonant in that light body way, but a bit less on the sustain side. Fair trade off in my book.

Archived