The Best PRS SE yet is...

cbh5150

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

15% is valid towards this on MF hmmm

I had one in my cart for a week with the 12% discount they had running until 12/9 (they let it sit at that price for almost a week after the discount expired), but didn't complete the purchase. Now I can get 15% off, with no tax and free shipping and I'm finding it hard to resist. Just wish I could pick I the one I want and not have to purchase blind. I want a great top and am not sure I want to take the luck of the draw...

• Members

Yowza! That's one purty guitar. If it had a trem, that would make it a no-brainer but it's still a helluva tempting axe. I especially love the wide-fat neck and the dual volume controls, which PRs needs to have on more of their axes IMO. :love:

• Members

I just got the SE Akerfeldt. For me it's a no brainer, it has all my favorite specs combined: thick neck, rounder radius, ebony board, excellent fret job, light but solid, single cut mahagony body with trem, pretty looks! Cant believe it took me this long to realize how great these guitars are, their build quality is great and on par with some MIAs that I have, plays well, sounds great. Even until today I am pretty shocked at the quality of this guitar.

I thought the trem is really good! One minor thing: I believe many tuning issues mentioned in some other thread is due to guitar setup to 9 strings. To put on bigger strings, the nut needs to be widened (only the low E for mine) to allow the strings to go though better, the bridge needs re-leveling then. It is all stated in their website.

• Members

I just got the SE Akerfeldt. For me it's a no brainer, it has all my favorite specs combined: thick neck, rounder radius, ebony board, excellent fret job, light but solid, single cut mahagony body with trem, pretty looks! Cant believe it took me this long to realize how great these guitars are, their build quality is great and on par with some MIAs that I have, plays well, sounds great. Even until today I am pretty shocked at the quality of this guitar.

I thought the trem is really good! One minor thing: I believe many tuning issues mentioned in some other thread is due to guitar setup to 9 strings. To put on bigger strings, the nut needs to be widened (only the low E for mine) to allow the strings to go though better, the bridge needs re-leveling then. It is all stated in their website.

And the graphic on that guitar is awesome (well, I guess if you're an Opeth fan like me).

main1.jpg

• Members

$471.67 shipped!

callsanta

savefive

retailmenot11

Coupons!! On the fence to pull trigger

Thanks for the coupon codes...

I was gonna wait and buy one in person to make sure I got a choice top, but at that price I just couldn't pass it up.

• Members

I still had the "snowball11" coupon in my cart that worked, so I could have nabbed a Marsden for $446.94 :eek: - HOWEVER, thanks to PunkKitty, who noticed a couple of used SE 245s popped up, I picked up a used "mint, like new" SE 245 in TB for $381.xx :cool:

• Members

I dunno about the Marsden one (he played in Whitesnake way in the past before their 80s heyday) but I tried PRS Torero and I was shocked because not only was the quality much better than I expected it to be but the NECK was just an astonishing piece of work, the width, the smoothness, the playability was insanely good. Not sure about EMG actives these days (I only have one guitar with those now) but for a guitar with a real Floyd (mixed blessing for some), active electronics, flametop, set-neck you can't go wrong.

• Members

I still had the "snowball11" coupon in my cart that worked, so I could have nabbed a Marsden for $446.94
:eek:
- HOWEVER, thanks to PunkKitty, who noticed a couple of used SE 245s popped up, I picked up a used "mint, like new" SE 245 in TB for $381.xx
:cool:

Damn, I missed a coupon! Oh well, $471 and change is still a great price for this guitar...

Archived