I got a couple new toys, and took a few pictures!

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

Well first off, it was sunny the other day so I hauled the Charvels outside and got a couple with some decent lighting:

DSCN1552.jpg

DSCN1557.jpg

Fun fun.

I also got another practice amp to use. I had been playing my room mate's Fender FM25, which is OK, but I didn't care for the drive. Way back when I first was switching from guitar to bass, I got this Drive G65 112 combo, and I liked it, but blew out the speaker. Recently a friend gave me an old busted Fender Performer 1000 and it was shot, so I stole the speaker out of it and put it in the Drive.

DSCN1573.jpg

It's not a bad sounding amp. I find that with solid state practice amps, usually the eq requires a strange setting for it to reveal the most natural tone. With this one, everything on 10 is a really nice, full clean. Plenty of bite AND warmth. Heh, with the FM25 the best clean came from the bass all the way down, treble all the way up, and mids aaaaaaalmost all the way up. Anyway, it's a fun amp, very Marshally drive, and plenty on tap, all my guitars sound different through it so it's pretty responsive to pickups etc. Great for home use, or even some quieter jam sessions.

Next up is a NEW STAND!!!

DSCN1572.jpg

Been wanting one for a while now, used some Christmas gift cards and picked one up a few days ago. Having a handful of guitars is nice, but they don't get enough use when I have to lug the case out and whatnot. Now here they all are, right at my fingertips. Been playing a lot more since I picked it up.

Any danger to keeping guitars in these? I shouldn't think so...

But yeah, minus my XV900, and Yamaha FG Jr, this is my updated family pic. I've offed a lot of guitars. Went from 11 to 7, which is about as low as I can go because other than the Charvels, which are my main gigging guitars, nothing I have is valuable... well except the bass but that's my oldest instrument so unless it's a matter of life or death, it stays. So yeah, I'm as downsized as I can be.

Here's a few more angly fun shots:

DSCN1571.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1562.jpg

OH, and I decided to put the little allen wrench holders onto the Charvels. They don't give any instructions so I just went at it. Felt around for a long tie before deciding on the spot, I tried to make it so you can adjust that tension screw without removing the thing.

Good spot or no?

DSCN1574.jpg

But yeah, I don't really know what the point of this thread is, just an update on what I've been up to, gear-wise.

• Members

I like this thread.

I don't like those stands because it just seems like one bad bump and all your guitars fall in one giant kaboom.

I have these stands instead:

StaggGDC-6Big.jpg

Yeah, even with my four new guitars, I've downsized to 8 instruments total this month. I'm really happy I managed that.

• Members

You got a nice collection there man! I didnt know there was a way to latch on a holder for the FR tools on the back of the headstock, thats really cool.

Thanks. Yeah, The Charvels come with the wrenches, the holder, and a screw. I wasn't gonna put em on at first, but then decided "what the hell." It is nice having em right there, like if a fine tuner bottoms out at a show, it's only an extra minute as opposed to 5 or 10 looking through my bag of crap for the wrench.

Still wondering if I chose the best spot for em though.

• Members

I'm not a huge Blink fan but that bass is {censored}ing sweet. Looks like you replaced the Quarter Pound pickups with DiMarzio. I love me some hot DiMarzio bass pickups, mmmm mmm.

Yep, I got that when I was 15 and thoroughly abused it. Little by little I ruiend this and that on it, in it's lowest state it looked like this:

bec74673.jpg

MIM Strat pickup taped in with double sided exterior mounting tape. You can also see the remnants of an electrical tape racing stripe. {censored}ing fancy.

Then I decided to get it back in shape. Plays like an absolute dream and that DiMarzio is delicious.

• Members

Yeah, if it fits, I sits.
:)

Yep, I got that when I was 15 and thoroughly abused it. Little by little I ruiend this and that on it, in it's lowest state it looked like this:

bec74673.jpg

MIM Strat pickup taped in with double sided exterior mounting tape. You can also see the remnants of an electrical tape racing stripe. {censored}ing fancy.

Then I decided to get it back in shape. Plays like an absolute dream and that DiMarzio is delicious.

That looks like one of those $20,000 Fender relics! You should have kept it like that!

• Members

Hrmm... might have to get lowbrow on the job to fix that fret!

But... Drop B? Holy hell! I'd have no idea what to play on that!
:eek:

:lol:

Yeah, it's not the bad, just some string slots punched into the 7th.

Heh, I kinda live out my middle school fantasies in drop B. All that Family Values crapola. Sometimes C# Standard. Don't make fun of me!

• Members

Not making fun at all, brah... In fact, for a while, I had a strat set up in C or C# standard with 13s... not for the chuggaz or the brootz at all, but for fuller sounding jazzy stuff. That ungodly ugly one I had for a while... I bought it from a kid that was all about the brootal stuffs. He mentioned a couple bands and I mentioned that my oldest daughter was into Slipknot and Korn and a couple other similar bands and he just laughed as if to say, 'that fine for panzy-ass momma's boys folk'.

:lol:

Archived